Industrial & Quality Engineer
A career opportunity for growing, progressive glass tempering and fabrication company to manage and to fill Industrial and Quality Engineering roles for the company.
Industrial Engineering Responsibilities:
- Make the plant more productive and efficient by designing and implementing new technologies, systems, and processes.
- Conceptualize improvements, develop business case, and present to management.
- Conduct capability studies.
- Develop and maintain product standards and specifications, including product BOM/Routings for purposes of standard costs and quoting.
- Develop and evaluate pilot programs, simulations, and prototypes.
- Implement new and enhanced processes and tools.
- Design the layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency.
- Analyze and plan workforce utilization, space requirements, and workflow including development and revision of support documentation.
- Interpret customer drawings and translate customer specifications into internal drawings.
- Determine tooling and gauging approach.
- Decide on the appropriateness of designs based on the interpretations of customer part tolerances.
- Assist in specifying tolerances and specifications for new designs.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and related specifications.
- Support maintenance and production personnel in resolving process and product variation, equipment problems and variation using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and corrective and preventative action.
- Participate in or lead root cause failure analysis, report findings, along with recommended remedies.
- Work with WCM teams to help drive the plant towards a world class status.
Quality Engineering Responsibilities:
- Provide statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples.
- Implement effective corrective and preventive actions based on field, production and supplier findings.
- Reduce quality & business costs utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools as a liaison on cross functional teams.
- Perform internal audits and assist other auditors.
- Advise and assist in resolution of audit findings.
- Assist and occasionally direct Material Review Board activities.
- Assure timely processing of documentation on returned/or field required replacement products; provide closed looped failure analysis as required.
- Corrective action plan execution and follow-up.
- Support the direction for supplier reviews and certification as required for outsourced suppliers.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts and support requirements for product reviews and documentation.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5+ years' experience in an Industrial/Manufacturing/Quality role.
- 3-5+ years' experience working in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Experience in line layout and process optimization.
- Experience working in a relevant manufacturing environment.
- Experience in line layout and optimized process flows.
- Experience in managing in 3rd party audits and certifications.
- General understanding of ISO methodology, TPM, Continuous Improvement/Lean Knowledge; Six Sigma is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to effectively and professionally work alongside and/or manage skilled trades.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with professionalism and tact.
- Strong communication skills and ability to persuade non-technical personnel through with conviction and with a strong knowledge in electrical theory.
- Desire to change the status quo and continuously strive to better the plant, personnel, and processes.
- Strong team player skills with the ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Strong record keeping and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple requests simultaneously while effectively understanding and maintaining priorities and timelines.
- Strong commitment toward both internal and external customers.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top