INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER - DATA SCIENTIST
- The Industrial Engineer (IE) - Data Scientist (DS) will be joining a growing and dynamic group with tangible opportunity to make your own, personal impact, on the competencies and direction of the team.
- Will interface with IE-Continuous Improvement, design engineering, manufacturing engineering, and test engineering.
- This role' s core responsibility is the data analytics that enable the identification of opportunities for improvement.
- Ultimately, you are responsible for the generation and validation of improvement ideas.
- Will use your knowledge of data management to pull records from internal test databases, WIP trackers, and Oracle records.
- Aggregate, distill, and communicate opportunities for improvement to reduce cost, improve performance, and optimize capacity.
- Examine data generated from tested unit performance and manufacturing processes.
- For example, you may be challenged to interface with design engineering providing solutions for poor yields as well as manufacturing teams to reduce queue variability and wait times.
- Will be able to effectively use Juypter and other data analysis and visualization role demands an innate aptitude and understanding of data analysis techniques supported by a holistic knowledge of continuous improvement and manufacturing operations.
- 3+ years of experience supporting technical manufacturing in an Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Manufacturing Analytics, Data Science, Simulation Engineering, or similar role
- Desire to learn and continuously adapt to developing software modules and methods.
- A passion to drive decision making by giving data a voice through statistics and visualization.
- Programming expertise in Python, R, MATLAB, or other Data Science specific language (Python preferred)
- Experience in data cleansing, statistics/machine learning, and data visualization packages (i.e. pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, etc.)
- Strong statistics/SPC background with an understanding of machine learning.
- Proven ability to internalize ownership and responsibility for idea generation
- Strong understanding and historical application of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and other Industrial Engineering methodologies
- Bachelor' s in a technical discipline (Industrial Engineering, Data Science, Operations Research, or similar degree)
- US Citizenship Required
- Up to 25% domestic travel
- Strong preference for exposure to Discrete Event Simulation (Simul8, Arena, ProModel Process Simulator preferred)
- Familiarity with statistical specific software (i.e. MiniTab)
- Advanced-level MS Office skills (primarily Project, Excel, and Visio)
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Years of Experience: 2 - 4 years
Back to top