- 5+ years of FPGA design experience with a proven track record of successfully designing from requirements and verifying and delivering complex FPGA designs with Ethernet with multiple serial and parallel interfaces, ADC/DAC. Experience in FPGA system integration.
- Outstanding communications skills and the ability to convey complex ideas.
- Proven track record working with an FPGA design team.
- Experience verifying requirements through simulation. Test bench design and implementation
- Possess a full understanding of design using VHDL
- Experience with closed loop motor control (ex: torque motor, stepper motor, BLDC, etc.)
- Experience using configuration management tools such as SVN.
- Experience applying coding standards.
- Experience in using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes and similar hardware integration tools.
- Experience working in a requirement driven design process. Translate specifications into design requirements, develop and publish design and architecture documents.
- Support electrical circuit and schematics design for electrical PCB assembly when required
- Works to and supports schedules and metrics.
- Basic electrical circuit design analysis and schematics entry.
- Proven track record working with a multi-disciplinary design team.
- Experience working in a team in multiple geographies.
- Experience developing a DO-254 FAA certification.
- General knowledge of current FPGA technologies and major suppliers such as Xilinx, Altera, etc. and design tool chain.
- Experience with Modelsim simulation and verification design support. Experience with System Verilog Experience with Product Life Cycle Familiarity with Agile and/or Lean methodologies.
- Directs all engineering aspects of several complex and detailed projects, which may include project management as well as engineering tasks.
- Solves in-depth engineering problems and communicates solutions to other engineers, sales development and management.
- Promotes and implements process improvements company-wide.
- Champions process in specific product development areas.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practices, but includes a variety of complex features, such as conflicting design requirements and difficult coordination requirements.
- Provides direct support of sales, manufacturing, purchasingand development by sharing information in the form of major/complex proposals and design reviews.
- Independently troubleshoots/analyzes system problems using complex computer simulations.
- Independently writes complex component tests.
- Leads or directs several engineers, technicians, detailers and designers on a project level basis.
- Estimates manpower needs and schedules and assigns work to meet completion dates.
- May be the Technical Lead of international and multi-site projects.
Back to top