Field Tech/Construction Inspector
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform field testing of soils, concrete and asphalt to determine compliance with project specifications.
- Perform field tests using specialized equipment designed to collect data from the various construction materials (nuclear density gauge, penetrometer, and hand tools), keep equipment clean and in good working order.
- Interact with construction site personnel, engineers and state and federal representatives while acting as a professional representative of the company.
- Drive and maintain the appearance and operation of company vehicles to and from job sites.
- Complete daily reports, reading and interpreting project drawings and specifications, and entering data related to the various job tasks.
- Communicate with Company Project Manager while on project sites.
- 5+ years of Field experience working on commercial construction projects performing some or all of the following inspections or testing.
- Earthwork inspections and field testing.
- Concrete sampling and field testing.
- Pavement testing.
- Bearing grade inspections for foundations.
- Structural steel inspections.
- Concrete masonry unit inspections and grout testing.
- Minimum of high school education.
- Ability to interpret project plans and specifications.
- Strong computer skills including using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to write accurate and concise field reports.
- ACI level I.
- NICET I.
- ICC certification is preferred.
Back to top