Field Service Technician
Essential Job Function : Travel up to 80% (95% including local travel) to customer sites to provide calibration, preventive maintenance, diagnostic, and repair services to customers. Perform calibration of pneumatic and electronic control instruments consistent with FDA and NIST standards. Support GAT Pharmaceutical Services Division with calibration and troubleshooting of equipment and instrumentation. Experience required in reading and interpreting electric and pneumatic schematics. Computer literacy is required.
General Information : Two-year degree in engineering technology or 5 to 7 years of related experience. Technical skills required: calibration experience with temperature, air flow, pressure and moisture sensing instrumentation; basic knowledge of PLC' s, computers, and control system components; and a comprehensive knowledge of pharmaceutical process equipment. Must posses a valid driver' s license. Knowledge of OSHA and NEC/NFPA guidelines required; ARC Flash training will be required. Knowledge or previous training in confined space entry is required for potential entry into confined spaces within supplied equipment under customer supervision.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide malfunction diagnostics and repair of process equipment.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance and instrument calibration. Instrument calibrations are to be done in accordance with written calibration procedures.
- Perform equipment rebuild service for explosion safety valves, pneumatic and hydraulic cylinders.
- Prepare documents of field visits in a timely and professional manner. This will include calibration reports, field reports, daily labor logs, invoices, and expense reports.
- Provide technical support to customers " In House" in the form of telephone assistance to client' s maintenance personnel in emergency situations.
- Maintaining current certification of all individual and departmental NIST traceable calibration standards.
- Assist our Pharmaceutical Services Division in the maintenance, calibration, and repair of in house equipment, utilities and BAS system.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance client relations to encourage them to maintain or purchase a calibration/preventive maintenance contract.
- Perform warranty related services as directed and maintain records.
- Present at all times a professional and highly competent image to staff members and clients so as to instill confidence, respect and a desire to perform in a team environment, thereby enhancing revenues and advancing the growth of the company.
- Maintain an organized work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Beau P.Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top