Enterprise Messaging Senior/Principle Engineer
The Unified Communications and Collaboration (UC&C) team supports our global employees through the delivery and support of enterprise class technology solutions that empower our global employees to be more productive. We are a cross-functional and collaborative team responsible for developing, deploying, and supporting highly-integrated enterprise messaging, collaboration, and communications systems, leveraging cloud, premise, and hybrid architectures. We work closely with the end-user community to develop new solutions, enhancements, and automation which drive continuous improvement to the User Experience.
In This Role
You will work closely with the UC&C team to deliver on the product roadmap serving our internal customers worldwide. You will help define and deliver new products, enhancements and automations that improve User Experience and productivity. This role will also challenge you to analyze and assess on-prem and cloud system architectures to determine best-in-class solutions and supporting analytics, that demonstrate compliance to defined metrics. You will practice creativity, foresight and mature technical judgement in anticipating and solving technical issues in order to deliver iterative value to our customers.
What our ideal Candidate looks like
You are a strong technologist with solid business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as you are with internal business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions. You have experience and awareness of system analytics and proactive monitoring solutions. You' re passionate about success. You obsess over how to help your customers do their job and how the technologies you support enable their productivity. You identify problems early, clear roadblocks, build trust with other teams, and communicate clearly and concisely. You love sharing your unique skill set with others. You identify problems, propose solutions and drive implementation. You enjoy working with customers around the world. Challenge excites you.
As an Enterprise Messaging Systems Engineer, you will plan, design, and implement premise and cloud-based solutions for our global internal customers, and serve as a Subject Matter Expert across the organization. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise and promote innovative solutions to our customers. You will develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design, deploy, and support enterprise-class premise collaboration solutions, with an emphasis on the enterprise messaging environment.
- Gather and assess business requirements, develop and present solutions, produce design and migrating strategy documents, and provide guidance and knowledge transfer to team members.
- Work in a daily DevOps/Agile Scrum environment helping your product and team be successful in all they do.
- Align customer requirements for implementation readiness and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Mentor team members to build up organizational skillset.
Your skill-set includes:
- Bachelor' s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or equivalent experience in supporting enterprise messaging systems with an emphasis in automation.
- Deep understanding of premise and cloud-based collaboration solutions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems migration (on-prem and cloud) best practices and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of active directory, authentication, identity management, EM+S, and federation services solutions.
- Demonstrated software development skills with the ability to code and perform advanced scripting to automate tasks and integrate data.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Working in team-oriented and collaborative environments, leveraging DevOps/Agile/SCRUM practices.
- Experience in design, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise backup solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in virtual machine infrastructure.
- Knowledge of enterprise Security solutions.
- Ability to provide leadership and mentor other team members.
- US Citizenship required.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification and/or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification in Server Infrastructure preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in design, deployment, maintenance, and support of a multi-facility, high-availability Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016, Exchange On-Line, and hybrid environments with multiple database and CAS servers, and DAG high availability.
- Experience migrating Exchange environments on-prem and to O365.
- Experience configuring, administrating, and troubleshooting O365 / Azure ecosystems.
- Software development in at least one language and PowerShell scripting skills required.
- Expertise in Active Directory, migrating on-prem AD to Azure Active Directory, and AD Connect best practices.
- Experience managing ProofPoint and/or Microsoft security and compliance portfolio.
- Experience developing automation capabilities including test, validation, and enterprise systems integration.
Years of Experience: 5-8 years
Travel: Up to 25%
Citizenship: US Citizenship Required
Back to top