Director of Infrastructure
Duties and Responsibilities:
- New international data center rollouts - planning, provisioning, deployment and ongoing operations.
- Data Center design and architecture
- Capacity planning
- Pricing and budgeting
- Vendor management and hardware sourcing
- Physical deployment including power, cooling, networking, external connectivity, cabling, physical security and general datacenter facilities.
- Compliance with country specific requirements and taxes - including VAT / importation legal requirements and crypto export restrictions
- Data Center Operations
- Delivery of agreed levels of service for hosted infrastructure
- Management and scheduled maintenance of shared infrastructure deployments
- Event management and incident response
- Request fulfillment - Provision hardware and software as required for software engineering needs and solutions - focused on service delivery
- Assist with ongoing capacity planning and root cause analysis
- The right candidate will have proven experience and knowledge of:
- Established vendor relationships
- Data Center design, architecture, capacity planning and asset management.
- Functional technology skills - current understanding of computing platforms (server, storage, network) components and how they translate into service delivery.
- Strong network experience (Design, topology, switching, firewalls, load balancing, network security, redundancy)
- Storage solutions
- Project management
- Service Oriented Architectures
- Service and hardware monitoring
- SLAs and change control
- Disaster Recovery
- Maintenance scheduling
- Leadership and management of Operation' s Engineers and Administrators
- 10+ years leading data center or technical operations organizations where high availability is a requirement
- Advanced degree in engineering or business desired
- Understanding of network and cabling infrastructure a plus
- International travel required
- Experience with vendor management
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top