Design Drafter III
The mechanical Design Drafter III role assists a team of engineering staff to design components, parts & assemblies, and to create engineering drawings, engineering change orders, bills of materials, and other related engineering documentation. The Designer will work with engineers and manufacturing personnel to create new designs & drawings, modify existing designs & drawings, document design changes, update bills of materials, and shepherd documents through the configuration management system.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design of mechanical parts, components & assemblies, including composite parts, metallic, and non-metallic.
- Creation and review of engineering drawings and documents that conform to company and industry drawing standards.
- Analysis of manufacturing tolerances and fabrication methods to help ensure part/assembly manufacturability.
- Application of geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Specification of materials, finishes, and workmanship callouts in accordance with industry specifications.
Required Qualifications & Background
The Designer shall demonstrate the expertise of CAD, especially SolidWorks. Experience should have emphasis on the design of electromechanical systems, mechanical assemblies, electronics packaging, composite parts, plastic injected molded parts, tooling & fixtures, and wire assemblies. Must have good interpersonal skills to be able to interface with the other group members and departments.
Required characteristics include:
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) required due to ITAR
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years of related experience with mechanical design and drafting.
- Must be proficient with SolidWorks EPDM.
- Good understanding of industry design and documentation standards (GD&T, ASME, Change Control, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in Solidworks CAD
- Good understanding of industrial and military drafting/drawing standards.
- Demonstrated competence in designing composite aerospace structures & related composite manufacturing processes
- Experience in creating the following types of drawings: machined parts drawings, composite parts drawings, plastic injection molded part drawings, sheet metal fabrication drawings, source control drawings, specification control drawings, wire assembly drawings, mechanical assembly drawings, and weldment drawings.
- Hands-on design/build UAV experience a plus, especially lightweight RC aircraft or other miniature robotics systems.
- Experience with Agile PLM a plus.
Electro-Mechanical Design, SolidWorks EPDM, GD&T, ASME, Change Control
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Beau P.Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top