Design and Simulation Modeling Engineer
The qualified candidate will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, responsible for mechanical designs and drawings from preliminary concepts for equipment components related to solar cell manufacturing. Daily activities will include CAD modeling and flow/thermal analysis using commercial software. Key responsibilities in performing CFD and FEA simulation activities, writing reports, holding technical reviews to disclose results and make recommendations to improve hardware design and process optimization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, including mechanical/thermal analysis using FEA, and Multiphysics commercial CFD packages.
- Assist senior engineering staff with cost effective mechanical designs for new development projects.
- Prepare detailed reports for engineering to support all phases of development.
- Assist other engineering teams by knowledge transfer via written reports, simulation reviews, or other methods.
- Communicate across to other departments and hold regular reviews as required by Management or program requirements.
- Provides design direction to MOCVD engineering in the design of new equipment, processes, and other technological improvements.
- Embrace change and flexibility in the performance of all duties.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Must have highly developed interaction and cross functional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Effective presentation skills and ability to communicate concepts, project status and other project dynamics upwards to senior engineering staff and management.
- Must be highly conversant and able to reduce complex modeling principles and results for the benefit of others.
- Must develop written reports and final conclusions for the benefit of other groups.
Required Technical Skills:
- Advanced knowledge with SoildWorks.
- Direct experience with ANSYS products; FEA and Fluent CFD.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical, Aerospace or other pertinent engineering or science discipline.
- Master' s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years working experience in a Design, Modeling and Simulation engineering environment.
- Manager, Design and Simulation Modeling.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Back to top