CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR II
We have two immediate opportunities for Level II & III Contracts Administrators for the Aerospace Industry. Direct Hire! Great Company, Great Benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Accepts and processes orders on Company products and performs related contracts and sales administration work. This individual will perform duties and responsibilities under minimal supervision of the Contracts Manager. May guide the team as required to ensure that all customer accounts are managed properly. Will perform related work as required including quote finalization and submission, follow-up of contract requirements, and make frequent contact with customers.
The following list presents the duties and Responsibilities of a Contracts Administrator II & III but does not include other duties that may be assigned to this function as required. This individual must be able to perform each essential duty adequately and satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate with other departments to secure performance of a contract or information as required by customers.
- Reviews and processes requests for quotation. Decides which provisions of request must be brought to the attention of other departments and what exceptions must be made in quote presentation.
- Reviews complex solicitations and prepares specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications.
- Coordinates with other departments within the organization to ensure various inputs are provided on time and are accurate. Coordinates submittals and responses back to customers.
- Review and process all orders and contracts. Issue sales orders and sales order changes directing work to be done and takes contract exceptions as required.
- Follow up with customer and other internal departments to assure that work is performed, and information is supplied as required.
- Decide priority of work to be performed on assigned accounts. Coordinate with production control in deciding priority of customer needs in areas of schedule problems.
- Handle requests of other departments for information or changes as required from our customers.
- The Contract Administrator II & III has the responsibility for all activities on each contract assigned. Must decide if an unhealthy area exists on any contract and so inform supervision and management of problems on which assistance is needed.
- In dealings with customers keeps alert to the possibilities of new or expanded business for both Company' s products and services; passes pertinent information to supervisor for appropriate follow-up and through-put.
- Understanding of contract terms and conditions, working knowledge of FAR/DFARS and experience with cost/price analysis.
- Support internal and external departmental audits.
- Manage and support internal departmental process improvement and through-put.
- Understanding of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the compliance program in place.
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree required and 5+ years' experience in the field of contracts administrator / customer service representative, aerospace experience preferred. (College degree may be substituted by experience)
- Knowledge of sales quotations, pricing, program management, sales correspondence, web-based customer order portals, knowledge of quotation practices, and internal status requests required.
- Professional ability to communicate with customers in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to be inquisitive and collective in thinking to work with other disciplines and collaborate on ideas and thoughts in resolving problems.
- Supporting and leading customer meetings in person and via phone.
- Ability to understand problems and to apply conceptual thinking to solve problems.
- Must be well organized and have experience within a lean manufacturing environment.
- Experience with MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel programs.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Strong ethical standards.
- Deadline driven with strong bias toward results achievement.
- Strong understanding and application of the following:
- ERP/MRP Navigation
- Contract Language Comprehension
- Basic mathematical abilities
- Conceptual thinking
ITAR complianc eprogram, ERP/MRP Navigation, Contract language comprehension, Aerospace, knowledge of sales quotations, pricing, program management, sales correspondences, customer portals, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Prefers a Degree
Back to top