CNC Operator / Tool Setter
Work alone or as part of a team to set-up change and operate machines and machine cells to produce engine components to specified guidelines and job instructions. Produce quality products in support of business objectives. Operate all equipment and perform all functions in accordance with the specified guidelines, instructions, and KOS principles, while exercising safety for oneself and others. Understand, interpret and act on necessary forms of visual management.
- Perform automatic and/or manual steps in the prescribed sequences to produce quality product. Produce as specified the quantity of work in accordance with the required standards. Inspect, record data, and rework defective parts as required.
- Operations include but are not limited to: drilling, milling, boring, grinding, shaping, finishing, de-burring, etc. to within specified tolerances per guidelines and job instructions.
- Process steps will include the operation of various machines both conventional and numerically controlled.
- Use a variety of measuring instruments to verify quality at established frequencies and in accordance with the job instruction cards.
- Operate power component part cleaning system - including ultrasonic' s.
- Perform minor set-up and tool changes as required.
- Perform material handling in support of cell operations
Skill-2 : (in addition to skill 1 duties)
- Setup/changeover machines and perform first piece inspection as instructed in the JIC or specified guidelines.
- Obtain tooling setup and prints from the tool crib.
- Check all tooling as required.
- Machine initial parts to prove out set-up and get inspection approval.
- Recommend tooling changes - changes in feeds and speeds or any other change that would increase productivity and tool life.
- Interpret CMM layouts and adjust machines or fixtures as required to meet quality specifications.
- Maintain set-up as required, change tools, etc.
- Edit CNC programs as required to assure quality parts are being machined.
- Troubleshoot machining processes (fixture, tooling, coolant, etc.) and make determination of corrective action.
- Perform gauging/inspection operations as instructed in JIC using the following: Fixture gauges, thread gauges, depth gauges, gauge points, comptors, CMM, etc. to ensure parts are within specified limits as stated on print or Process drawing.
- Obtain production orders and related documentation and provide to the operator.
- Instruct operators in machine operation, proper procedures, and sequence.
- Operate the various CNC and conventional machine tools.
- Assist in the disposition of scrap & rework and coordinate rework activities.
Back to top