Type: Contract to Direct, Direct Options based on experience and availability
(Contract is ongoing with 90 period for conversion to direct based on availability and performance)
Location: Chicago, Illinois 60619 (another client site Chicago Heights, Illinois 60411)
# of Positions: 6
Day: 6: 00AM - 4: 30PM
Night: 4: 30PM - 3: 00AM
OT: YES (Avg 10+ or total 50 hours per week - Not Mandatory)
CNC Machinist to run Large Horizontal Boring Mills CNC and Gantry Mills. Day and night shifts available.
CNC Controls used for these positions:
Other CNC Controls: (Based on CNC experience may train on Siemens)
- Produces machined parts by programming, setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keep records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Programs mills and entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, off sets, compensation, and conditional switches, indicating vices,
- Verifies setting by measuring positions, first -run part and sample work pieces, adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning facing, knurling and thread chasing operation, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting process, adjusting and reprogramming controls, sharpening and replacing worn tools adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical problems.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Some High School coursework or relevant work experience; High School Diploma/GED and some Vocational training certification
- Conceptual Skills, process improvement, verbal communication, functional and technical skills, controls and instrumentation, supply management, tooling, coordination, inventory control, attention to detail, judgement.
Back to top