CNC Lathe Setup Operator
To maintain and operate Multi Axis CNC LATHE Machines daily. Set up the CNC LATHE machines to run the different operations/jobs and ensure that a quality product is produced in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints to comprehend work orders.
- Plan machining activities keeping in mind the work orders and engineering plans.
- Refer to specifications, orthographic drawings and reference planes to understand the project effectively.
- Work with geometric dimensions and tolerances to plan machining activities.
- Enter instructions and upload programs via Predator software.
- Set tooling/tail stocks/steady rest for CNC Lathes including indicating reference points and runout to ensure smooth running of the machined operation.
- Must be able to setup and operate machine from work instructions
- Safely load and unload castings and raw materials into the machinery.
- Using overhead cranes as required.
- Meet tolerance environments of the machine by setting gauges and measuring instruments appropriately.
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance on machines, equipment and tools used in all processes.
- Follow the machining process from the very beginning to the end to ensure quality of parts.
- Isolate any piece that may not conform to the standards of the work order and report to Quality department for further evaluation.
- Troubleshoot machining problems during processes to ensure efficacy of procedure.
- Ensure Operator Preventative maintenance is performed prior to machine use daily.
- Way Lube, Hydraulic Fluid and Coolant as required.
- Create appropriate labor and time reports by following instructions provided by superiors.
- Provide tooling and fixturing improvement solutions as needed during each machining procedure.
- Complete all reports and other paperwork associated with machining projects in process.
- 1st Article/SPC/Work Order Buy off.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined
- Should have knowledge of support machines, inspection equipment and computer experience.
- Able to make good decisions and work independently when needed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Experience with gauges, mics and other measuring instruments.
- 5+ year of manufacturing experience in aerospace or equivalent education and experience.
- Able to read blueprints and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Machining certificate (preferred).
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top