Growing Civil Engineering & Surveying Consulting Firm near Pittsburgh, PA is looking for a Civil Engineer to join its team and manage construction projects by preparing engineering design plans and documents in accordance with client and company specifications.
- Plan, design and prepare construction documents for residential and commercial land development projects related to grading plans, street profiles, sanitary and storm water designs, and erosion & sediment pollution control plans, storm water management calculations.
- Designs for construction projects, studying project concepts, architectural drawings and models.
- Prepare engineering design by collecting and collecting data and from reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs, tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
- Determine project costs by calculating labor, material and related costs.
- Prepare engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans and schedules.
- Prepare feasibility study by analyzing engineering deigns; conducting environmental impact studies and assembling data.
- Confirm adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress, inspecting construction sites, verifying calculations and placements.
- Fulfill project requirements by training and guiding operators.
- Maintain operating by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on actions which are needed.
- Maintain project database by writing computer programs, entering data and completing backups.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- 2 or more years of experience working as an Engineer
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Design skills
- Site Development & Planning experience.
- Conceptual skills
- Legal Compliance knowledge
- Drafting skills.
- Valid Driver' s License
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer Service skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work well with customers and team members
- Excellent organizational skills.
Back to top