The Buyer/Planner performs all functions needed to ensure the lowest total cost of purchased materials. The purpose is to balance the objectives of maximum product availability with strategic inventory plans. Buyer/Planner participates in negotiations with suppliers to implement proactive production philosophies, improved pricing, strategies, policies, and procedures for successful integration into multiple business plans across various corporate departments. Additionally, a Buyer/Planner may be responsible for preparing data and analyzing inventory trends, external and internal key performance metrics, and proposing process improvement and the generation or management of key reports, metrics, and projects. This is a service position and is responsive to the needs of internal and external (suppliers) customers. The role includes team participation.
- Knowledge of supply planning processes, total cost of ownership, exploiting constraints.
- Understand buying and planning policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of business concepts/principles (terms and conditions, transportation, accounting).
- Knowledge of supply chain programs and the ability to manage project execution of these programs.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing strategic and optimal production plans.
- MRP knowledge and ERP experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Evaluate key performance indicators and drive improvements through strategy adjustments.
- Monitors production performance and assures that MRP parameters are in line with demonstrated performances.
- Communicates effectively with business leads, SIOP, and planning to assure supply.
- Recognize problems, analyze and recommend solutions.
- Experience in building plans to meet financial targets.
- Experience in bottleneck management using the Theory of Constraints.
- Optimize supply chain to minimize waste.
- Manage new part release MRP settings and participate in New Product Initiative teams.
- Participate in performance metrics: Finished goods inventory levels, OTD, purchase order management, Backorders, and PPV.
- Process improvement capability.
- All other duties as required or assigned.
Nature and Scope:
- Uses skills as an experienced professional with an understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Participates with other managers to establish programs, policies, and objectives. Makes decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of operation' s objectives.
- Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, division, or company operations.
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
- The Production Planner is responsible for the effective production of materials to meet the needs of Life Technologies customer base, internal and external
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies.
- Selects methods and techniques of obtaining solutions to problems of relatively routine to diverse scope and moderate to highly complexity, requiring analysis of identifiable factors.
- Has contact with all levels of company employees.
- Negotiates and exchanges information with all levels of management.
- Drives a strategic vision of production through a diverse set of stakeholders including manufacturing, planning, scheduling, quality, and facilities.
- Works and communicates with external business partners on subject matter that can carry significant impacts to the business.
- Performs assignments independently with instructions from management limited to results expected.
- Able to manage and prioritize own time.
- Provides feedback and periodic updates to managers on status of goal/project assignments.
- Bachelors in business or technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years business experience, CPIM certification preferred.
- Advanced skills in Excel and JD Edwards and SAP ERP.
- Preferred Qualifications (nice to have).
- APICS CPIM certification or equivalent.
- Project management experience.
Meet Some of PEAK Technical Staffing's Employees
Lead Staffing Manager
Beau makes sure that recruitment job orders are always properly and perfectly filled by finding first-class candidates to fit open positions for clients.
Back to top