AutoCAD Design Specialist
DESIGN & SPECIFICATIONS SPECIALIST JOB INFORMATION:
Our client is seeking an experienced CAD operator to join our fast growing team as a AUTOCAD Design & Specifications Specialist. This person reports directly to the Director of Engineering, and works closely with the Fabrication & Manufacturing Production teams, Quotations and Partner Service Departments. This person will have an active role in creating the required documentation needed for manufacturing commercial light poles, brackets, and other accessories. Experience working in Fabrication, Production and Machine Shop preferred.
- Perform CAD design, interpret mark ups, and generate accurate drawings under the direction of Director of Engineering.
- Design production drawings as required for commercial light pole projects.
- Perform drawing revisions and track changes throughout the submittal process.
- Create drawings in both 2 and 3-dimensional form.
- Create BOM and Process Routings for current ERP system.
- AS/BS Engineering related degree (may consider candidates with a mix of recent education and work experience)
- 2-5 years CAD experience (or mixed school and education)
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD Mechanical 2017+ (Required) & Autodesk Inventor 2020 (preferred but would be able to train-up)
- Utilize windows based computing systems and MS office suite of software applications.
- Ability to convey engineering design concepts through a technical drawing while utilizing clear and concise drafting methods.
- Well organized, detail-oriented and able to perform tasks within expected time frames.
- Strong ability to communicate, in English, both written and verbally, to all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
- Experience working in Fabrication, Production and Machine Shop preferred.
Back to top