Trading Associate (Entry Level)
Accelerate your career by joining a dynamic, successful team breaking new ground in technology and trading. As a leader in the financial industry, we need incredibly talented minds to develop the next generation of proprietary trading strategies. No trading experience? No problem. We’ll teach you.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Learns quickly. You’re intellectually curious and genuinely interested in the markets. You ask ‘why’, and push to identify areas where we can constantly improve.
- Is competitive. You’re driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same.
- Loves data. You use data to find new opportunities and take smart risks. You follow your instincts, but support your ideas with data.
- Is courageous. You’re willing to challenge the status quo. You trust your instincts and will say what you think, even if it’s controversial.
- Operates with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean, and mean what you say.
What you’ll do all day:
- (Initially) attend high impact, equity derivatives training. This is a comprehensive, accelerated curriculum. It’s not for the faint of heart. The program delivers industry leading content, but also includes hands-on coaching from seasoned, successful traders. We take training seriously.
- Test innovative trading ideas. We want you applying what you learn, fast. You’ll be developing and testing trading ideas within weeks. Wow us with your innovation.
- Experiment with technology. Our technology is impressive. You’ll want to get familiar with all the products, tools and features available to you. You may even identify some new features you want developed.
- You’ll ultimately develop your own compelling positions that you’ll cultivate and manage. If you’re successful, the money can be serious.
A few reasons why you might not like us:
- We’re not a high frequency firm. That’s just not our thing. We give our traders hands-on control over every trade. It’s why we’re a very successful proprietary trading shop.
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes ‘predictable’. The market is dynamic. Market conditions shift often, which means you need to adapt accordingly. You won’t be bored.
- You’re risk averse. You’ll need to navigate ambiguity in this role. And, you need to be excited by that idea. There’s always a way to hedge your risk, you just have to seize the opportunity.
And a few reasons why you might love us:
- You’ll grow and learn a lot. You’ll become a better business person as you immerse yourself in the world of technology, trading, and entrepreneurship.
- The work environment is amazing. Our Chicago office space is really cool, open, and sleek. We provide free beverages, snacks and have fun while working hard.
- The team is even more amazing. You’ll work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. You’ll work for amazing people and learn from the best, too.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won’t be just another cog in the wheel.
Back to top