Senior Software Engineer
Accelerate your career by joining a dynamic, successful team breaking new ground in technology and trading. As a leader in the financial industry, we need incredibly talented minds to design and develop the next generation of sophisticated, proprietary trading tools and technology.
In this role, you’ll be a part of a skilled, collaborative team designing and developing sophisticated proprietary tools that will directly impact the profitability of our firm.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Learns quickly. You’re intellectually curious and love solving unique challenges. You ask ‘why’, and push to identify areas where we can constantly improve.
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same.
- Has an insatiable curiosity. You have to know how things work and you love solving problems. You’re resourceful, inquisitive, and proactive in gaining knowledge.
- Values the power of the team. Above all, you want to see the team succeed. You help others embrace your ideas and you also know how to embrace ideas other than your own to help the team succeed.
- Operates with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean, and mean what you say.
What you’ll do all day:
- Develop innovative trading tools. Our technology is the lifeblood of our business. You’ll work directly with the end-user from concept to delivery to design and develop sophisticated proprietary tools including, but not limited to, those used for trading, risk management, execution & marketing making and pricing.
- See your work in action. Our time-to-market ensures you’ll get to develop tools for regular release, continually push out new products, and see your end-user benefit from your work.
- Collaborate and share ideas. The floor is always open for great ideas. We love to collaborate, share ideas and get different perspectives. You’ll work with smart people who value creative ideas and strong opinions.
- Impact our business. At PEAK6 you’ll make an impact Day 1. Each day you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and work on complex technological challenges directly affecting our business.
A few reasons why you might love working here:
- We’re not a fly by night firm. We’ve got an incredible track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a stable company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture.
- The work environment is amazing. Our office space is really cool, open, and sleek. We provide free beverages, snacks and have fun while working hard.
- The team is even more amazing. You’ll work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best, too.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won’t be just another cog in the wheel.
- You’ll have genuine opportunities for growth. Your success is the team’s success. We give you plenty of chances to develop your skills and grow your career.
And a few reasons why you might not love working at PEAK6:
- You’re looking for the newest, flashiest Silicon Valley startup. That’s just not our thing. We’ve got a proven history of great performance with the entrepreneurial culture of a startup. But don’t get us wrong – we definitely focus on results. We just figure out a way to be driven + have fun.
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes ‘predictable’. The market is dynamic which means the work is dynamic. It’s a fast-paced environment and you need to adapt accordingly. You won’t be bored.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We’re solving pretty heady challenges. We bring ideas to the table and we work together to solve these challenges. If you’re looking to hide out and do your own thing, this might not be the right spot.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- 10+ years of Java experience, knowledge in C/C++ a bonus
- Ability to develop for a multi-processer, multi-threaded systems
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux based systems
- Experience with open source tech like postgres, redis, mongo, hdf5, openHFT, chronicle
- Knowledge of high throughput messaging systems a plus
- Experience in trading or related environments strongly preferred
Back to top