Accelerate your career by joining a dynamic and successful company who is breaking new ground in technology and trading. As a leader in the options space, we need strong research analysts who can provide high quality analysis that cover a breadth of equities, proactively monitor catalyst driven events and identify industry risks to provide impacting market research and generate trading ideas.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Learns quickly. You’re intellectually curious and love solving unique challenges. You ask ‘why’, and push to identify areas where we can constantly improve.
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same.
- Has an insatiable curiosity. You have to know how things work and you love doing research. You’re resourceful, inquisitive, and proactive in gaining knowledge.
- Values the power of the team. Above all, you want to see the team succeed. You help others embrace your ideas and you also know how to embrace ideas other than your own to help the team succeed.
- Operates with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean, and mean what you say.
What you’ll do all day:
- Provide high-quality analysis. Our research team provides fundamental equity analysis to our trading teams to evaluate how industry events, news, and risks are impacting our equity valuations and underlying volatility. You will break down and synthesize information which allows our traders to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Partner with trading teams. You’ll work closely with trading teams to communicate your research findings and make recommendations that will impact trading decisions. Additionally, you will help lead training sessions to help educate our teams to ensure that drivers of changing market dynamics are effectively communicated and leveraged.
- Collaborate and share ideas. The floor is always open for great ideas. We love to collaborate, share ideas and get different perspectives. You’ll work with smart people who value creative ideas and strong opinions.
- Impact our business. At PEAK6, you’ll make an impact Day 1. Each day you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and work on complex technological challenges directly affecting our business.
A few reasons why you might love working here:
- We’re not a fly by night firm. We’ve got an incredible track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a stable company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture.
- The work environment is amazing. Our office space is really cool, open, and sleek. We provide free beverages, snacks and have fun while working hard.
- The team is even more amazing. You’ll work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best, too.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won’t be just another cog in the wheel.
- You’ll have genuine opportunities for growth. Your success is the team’s success. We give you plenty of chances to develop your skills and grow your career.
And a few reasons why you might not love working at PEAK6:
- You’re looking for the newest, flashiest Silicon Valley startup. That’s just not our thing. We’ve got a proven history of great performance with the entrepreneurial culture of a startup. But don’t get us wrong – we definitely focus on results. We just figure out a way to be driven + have fun.
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes ‘predictable’. The market is dynamic which means the work is dynamic. It’s a fast-paced environment and you need to adapt accordingly. You won’t be bored.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We’re solving pretty heady challenges. We bring ideas to the table and we work together to solve these challenges. If you’re looking to hide out and do your own thing, this might not be the right spot.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively research and distill information, as well as clearly and concisely communicate key findings.
- Options/Derivatives experience is highly desired.
- Experience working with a breadth of equity derivatives/stock symbols.
- Ability to use scripting skills (VBA, SQL, Python or R) to screen company data, looking for unique openings, correlations, and trends.
- Experience partnering closely with trading teams and other business groups to communicate market impact.
- Experience automating routine analyses to provide more efficient data evaluations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging environment.
Back to top