Principal UI Developer
Join PEAK6 as a Principal UI Developer, and see your work in action, immediately. We’re a development team working in rapid lifecycles and need quick-thinking, efficient developers to join us.
What you’ll do all day:
- Make an impact. At PEAK6, the work you do will help in tangible ways. You’ll create applications that enable the organization to work smarter and faster.
- Collaborate. The floor is always open for great ideas. We love to collaborate, share ideas and get different perspectives. You’ll work with smart people who value smart ideas and strong opinions.
- Work in a fast-paced environment. You’ll work tirelessly with your teammates to achieve timely deliverables with high performance, scalability, and reliability of service. You’ll juggle frameworks, hand-code without them, all in our dynamic, multi-tasking environment.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is self-directed. You’re driven, motivated, and eager to succeed.
- Has an insatiable curiosity. You love solving problems and learning new things. You’re resourceful, inquisitive, and proactive in gaining knowledge.
- Is flexible. You’re comfortable trying new things, and you think there’s no such thing as one right way
- Can lead change. We are looking for someone that can lead and communicate directional changes and bring the team on-board. You are comfortable pulling in ideas from the rest of the team towards that goal.
- Operates with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean, and mean what you say.
A few reasons why you might love us:
- The team is great. You’ll work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by people who care about you, and invest in your success.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won’t be just another cog in the wheel.
- The work environment is amazing. Our office space is really cool, open, and sleek. We provide free beverages, snacks and have fun while working hard.
And a few reasons why you may not love us:
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes ‘predictable’. The market is dynamic which means the work is dynamic. It’s a fast-paced environment and you need to adapt to adapt accordingly. You won’t be bored.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We’re solving pretty heady challenges. We bring ideas to the table and we work together to solve these challenges. If you’re looking to hide out and do your own thing, this might not be the right spot.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Front-end experience required, back-end/middle tier encouraged
- Chrome Extensions development
- Experience with several client-side frameworks – Angular, Backbone, React or the like
- Experience writing unit / integration tests for UI components preferred
- Experience building demanding and performant UI components
- Experience defining and leading web UI architecture direction
Back to top