Linux Systems Engineer (Entry Level)
Accelerate your career by joining a dynamic, successful team breaking new ground in technology and trading. As a leader in the financial industry, we need incredibly talented minds to develop, manage and cultivate solutions for the infrastructure hosting our leading-edge, proprietary trading tools and technology. Don’t have experience with infrastructure support? No problem. We’ll teach you!
We’re looking for someone who:
- Learns quickly. You’re intellectually curious and love solving unique challenges. You ask ‘why’, and push to identify areas where we can constantly improve.
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, exceeding them, and helping your teammates do the same.
- Loves data. You use data to find new opportunities and come up with smart ideas. You follow your instincts, but support your ideas with data.
- Is courageous. You’re willing to challenge the status quo. You trust your instincts and will say what you think, even if it’s controversial.
- Operates with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean, and mean what you say.
What you’ll do all day:
- (Initially) Attend high-impact trading & technology training. Our comprehensive, accelerated curriculum is not for the faint of heart. It’s a rigorous program that will teach you the business of options trading and get you ready to work with low-latency, high-speed trading software.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement solutions. We’re wide open to great ideas. We’ll give you every opportunity to share your ideas and put them into action.
- Collaborate in the planning and design of technology solutions. We love to collaborate, share ideas and get different perspectives. You’ll work with intelligent people who value smart ideas and strong opinions.
- Work across a variety of infrastructure systems. Our technology is the lifeblood of our business. You’ll get incredible experience building, maintaining, and supporting all of our vital systems including networks, servers, phone systems and other core components of our infrastructure.
- Impact our business. Each day you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and work on complex technological challenges directly affecting our business.
A few reasons why you may not like us:
- We’re not a sexy Silicon Valley startup. That’s just not our thing – we’re an established firm that has proven success.
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes ‘predictable’. The market is dynamic which means the work is dynamic. It’s a fast-paced environment and you need to adapt to adapt accordingly. You won’t be bored.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We’re solving pretty heady challenges. We bring ideas to the table and we work together to solve these challenges. If you’re looking to hide out and do your own thing, this might not be the right fit for you.
And a few reasons why you might love us:
- We’re not a fly by night firm. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a stable company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture.
- You’ll see your work in action. We value speed-to-market, so you’ll get the chance to push your code and see your work in use and impacting our business.
- The work environment is amazing. Our office space is really cool, open, and sleek. We provide free beverages, snacks and have fun while working hard.
- The team is even more amazing. You’ll work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best, too.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won’t be just another cog in the wheel.
- We work with some cool technologies. Some examples are Ubuntu Linux, VMware vSphere, Cisco Nexus Switches/Routers, Python, Elasticsearch, Dell PowerEdge Hardware, Windows Server, Storage Area Networks (SASNs), & Saltstack
Back to top