Human Resources Director
Accelerate your career by joining a dynamic, successful team innovating the way we are looking at human resources. As the Human Resources Director you'll have genuine opportunities to shape the future of our HR efforts and reinforce a growing, thriving culture.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Learns quickly. You’re intellectually curious and love solving unique challenges. You ask ‘why’, and push to identify areas where we can constantly improve.
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same.
- Is collaborative. You’re excited to be a partner with the business, working as a team to find the right talent for our organization.
- Is a good listener. You know how to ask the right questions, and you listen to and internalize the answers. You don’t have an ego, and you know that there is value in hearing people out.
What you’ll do all day:
- Build relationships. As the Director of HR at PEAK6, you’ll spend your time building relationships with business leaders, employees and within the HR organization across the Capital Management business.
- Be creative. You’ll be tasked with seeking out new and innovative solutions to drive key HR initiatives across the organization including performance management, professional development and succession planning.
- Set strategy & influence. With an eye towards action and execution, you’ll be responsible for setting the HR strategy and getting buy-in from the firm.
- Collaborate and share ideas. The floor is always open for great ideas. We love to collaborate, share ideas and get different perspectives. You’ll work with smart people who value smart ideas and strong opinions.
- Impact our business. Each day you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and work on complex people challenges directly affecting our business.
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We’re not a fly by night firm. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a stable company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture.
- You’ll be able to have an impact. Your voice will not only be heard, it should be the expert with care to understand the business, its culture and spirit.
- We care about culture. See above. Our culture is ours and ours alone – we’re adaptive, nimble, accountable and humble all at the same time.
- The work environment is amazing. Our office space is really cool, open, and sleek. We provide free beverages, snacks and want you to have fun while working hard.
- The team is even more amazing. You’ll work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best, too.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won’t be just another cog in the wheel.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- You’re focused on only the operational or only the strategic HR work. This is a role where you will need to flex between the ‘day-to-day’ work and the big picture strategy. A balanced approach is necessary for success.
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes ‘predictable’. The market is dynamic which means the work is dynamic. It’s a fast-paced environment and you need to adapt to adapt accordingly. You won’t be bored.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We’re solving pretty heady challenges. We bring ideas to the table and we work together to solve these challenges. If you’re looking to hide out and do your own thing, this might not be the right spot.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- 10+ years of experience working in a high-growth, fast-paced and changing environment. Financial services/trading industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A proven leader who is a strategist and practitioner of HR programs, with a strong track record of successfully implementing people programs and initiatives.
- Ability to influence senior leadership is essential. Proven analytical ability.
- Ability to facilitate and coach business leaders and their leadership teams.
- Ability to problem solve, manage conflict and build relationships with people at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to use MS Office products proficiently.
Back to top