Advance your career by joining a team of like-minded achievers. As an industry leader, we need smart and passionate individuals who have an interest in growing their career at PEAK6 Investments.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Takes ownership. You’re decisive and smart. You feel comfortable driving projects and are constantly trying to improve.
- Knows the ins and outs of accounting. You have accounting experience in the trading industry, and understand how to apply regulatory business rules to accounting procedures.
- Has strong skills with accounting systems and tools. You’ve got expert-level MS Excel skills, and experience with, or interest in learning, SQL and JD Edwards.
- Can juggle priorities. Handling multiple priorities within an established timeline is no problem for you.
- Operates with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean, and mean what you say.
What you’ll do all day:
- Run point for accounting functions.
- Prepare the daily, monthly, and annual financial results for our main trading business and related comprehensive analysis for variances and trends
- Perform journal entries and complex account reconciliations
- Participate in external financial and regulatory audits
- Communicate with external clearing firms
- Communicate with and advise business leaders within your given business unit
- Participate in and lead ad hoc projects as needed
- Refine process. By first identifying places with room for improvement, you’ll help design and implement changes that result in greater efficiencies for the organization.
- Be a leader. There is a great deal of opportunity for growing your leadership skills through the planning and execution of special projects.
A few reasons why you might love working at PEAK6:
- You’ll see your work in action. Each day you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and work on complex challenges directly affecting our business.
- The team is great. You’ll work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by people who care about your professional growth and development.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won’t be just another cog in the wheel.
And a few reasons why you may not love working here:
- You’re looking for a traditional Accounting or Finance role. At PEAK6, you’ll work with all of our business ventures and will have the opportunity to face new challenges and solve problems as our business grows and develops.
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes ‘predictable’. The market is dynamic which means the work is dynamic. It’s a fast-paced environment and you need to adapt to adapt accordingly. You won’t be bored.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We’re solving pretty heady challenges. We bring ideas to the table and we work together to solve these challenges. If you’re looking to hide out and do your own thing, this might not be the right spot.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or related degree
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Prior Broker Dealer or similar industry experience preferred
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Strong MS Excel skills
Back to top