Specialist, Contracts Communications (617-858)
Department: Contracts Management and Administration
Reports to: Manager, Contracts Communications
The Specialist, Contracts Communications will work as part of the Contracts Management and Administration (CMA) Communications Division supporting the Manager, Contracts Communications as well as serving on various cross departmental teams to facilitate the execution of communications projects. The primary responsibility is to write, edit, produce, and propose content for use by internal and external audiences. The Specialist, Contracts Communication will also help coordinate communications efforts around events and conferences. This will include preparing the programs, planning and supporting exhibits, building relationships for speaking engagements, etc. This person must be detail-oriented, can tie in bigger picture activities into all aspects of communications and enjoys working with others to move projects forward.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support all departmental communications tasks and initiatives
- Update internal review processes, policies, and procedures
- Standardize all public-facing communications materials
- Develop web content
- Support PCORI's Communications team in keeping the organization's web-based platforms (i.e., websites, blogs, and social media) up-to-date
- Assist with the planning of outreach initiatives
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- PCORI Staff Conflict of Interest Statement - No PCORI employee can receive a direct financial benefit from a healthcare related organization during the course of his/her employment with PCORI.
PCORI conducts background checks on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in our workforce
- Demonstrated ability to develop clear and technically accurate communications for an organization
- Experience with creating communications materials for the web and media
- Strong project management skills
- Proven experience coordinating multiple internal stakeholders
- Exceptional capability to customize communications for both internal and external audiences
- Excellent skills to effectively manage competing priorities
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team, and make key decisions in a fast-paced environment and under strict deadlines
- Experience with events coordination and management
- Strong command of written English language to include grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, and Salesforce
- A minimum of five years' relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, English, or other similar field plus a minor or significant coursework in a scientific or technical discipline
- Experience with technical writing especially for health care and/or research organizations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven time management skills
Job LocationWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Meet Some of PCORI's Employees
Michael manages PCORI’s Accounts Payable Department. Together with his team of three, Michael ensures everyone, from employees and research partners to utility companies, gets paid on time.
Back to top