Senior Program Associate, Public and Patient Engagement (625-858)
Department: Engagement, Public and Patient Engagement
Reports to: Engagement Officer
The Senior Program Associate for Public and Patient Engagement will provide management, support and coordination on programmatic activities and drive the achievement of the Engagement Strategic Priorities: develop PCOR community, engage community in the conduct of PCOR, and promote dissemination and implementation of research findings. The Senior Program Associate will conduct ongoing monitoring and evaluation efforts for the Engagement Department. The Senior Program Associate will work with both PCORI staff and external PCORI stakeholders and serve as an integral member of the Engagement team. As a learning organization, a primary aim of this position is to help us understand whether we are reaching our goals through evaluation and support of our engagement efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Engagement Department evaluation efforts
- Conduct ongoing program monitoring and evaluation for Engagement projects in alignment with PCORI-wide evaluation activities.
- Collaborate with PCORI Evaluation and Analysis Department, and other internal and external parties, as appropriate
- Provide regular and periodic reports on Engagement metrics, including managing the division's dashboard
- Oversee and reconfigure outreach efforts to targeted stakeholder communities.
- Assess strengths and challenges of PCORI's existing Ambassador Program structure to inform the development and implementation of program enhancement
- Support material development, distribution, and scheduling of meetings and calls with Patient Engagement Advisory Panel (PEAP) in collaboration with the Engagement Officer Team Lead
- Coordinate and participate in PCORI meetings with Ambassadors and PEAP members, including meetings, calls, webinars and PCORI's Annual Meeting
- Conduct environmental research on stakeholder communities
- Provide broad programmatic support to the Engagement Officer Team.
- Collect, prepare and distribute materials to support Engagement Officers, and other Engagement staff where applicable, in active portfolio management of engagement activities in PCORI-funded research projects
- Assist in development of master calendar for Engagement team with research funding schedules, kick-off calls, interim calls, and site visits, as well as support in scheduling and note taking on relevant meetings and calls.
- Maintain and further development a repository for information related to engagement activities in the PCORI research portfolio, Engagement Awards, the Pipeline to Proposal Program and other areas of Engagement at PCORI.
- Manage and triage internal requests from Communications, leadership, and other areas in PCORI regarding engagement activities in PCORI programs and funded projects
- Offer general Engagement Department support.
- Collaborate with Communications, Science, Contracts, and Evaluation and Analysis program areas as well as with external PCORI stakeholders when necessary.
- Serve as an integral member of the Engagement team participating in relevant Engagement program funding application reviews, advisory committee meetings, task forces, etc.
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- PCORI Staff Conflict of Interest Statement - No PCORI employee can receive a direct financial benefit from a healthcare related organization during the course of his/her employment with PCORI.
PCORI conducts background checks on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong coordination and project management skills.
- Must be well organized, with great attention to detail, accuracy; able to set priorities and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Judgment, integrity, and ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Extensive experience and advance level skill with PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Office Products.
- Data collection, interpretation, analysis and reporting experience, with the capacity to apply data to targeted concepts.
- Skill in various data platforms such as Salesforce, contracts management systems and social media platforms
- Excellent editing, oral and written communications skills.
- Master's degree and 2-4 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 4 years of directly applicable experience to the duties, managing projects and coordinating internal and external activities in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
Job LocationWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Meet Some of PCORI's Employees
Michael manages PCORI’s Accounts Payable Department. Together with his team of three, Michael ensures everyone, from employees and research partners to utility companies, gets paid on time.
Back to top