Senior Administrative Assistant to the Deputy Chief Science Officer (623-858)
Department: Science, Office of the Chief Science Officer
Reports to: Deputy Chief Science Officer
The Senior Administrative Assistant, Office of the Chief Science Officer provides general administrative support for the Deputy Chief Science Officer (DCSO), as well as providing support to a functional team under DCSO responsible for the day-to-day pre- and post-award research award management activities across Science and the PCORI Funding Announcement (PFA) development and pre-award coordination. The Sr. AA must be very detail oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high capacity to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks/projects across multiple teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support for the Deputy Chief Science Officer and OCSO Related Activities
- Provide high level administrative support for the Deputy CSO
- Effective calendar management. Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings and conference calls to include reserving conference rooms, Go To Meeting and Skype facilitation and dial-in details
- Execute assigned tasks/activities including communicating meeting and conference call arrangements, meeting materials, coordinating logistics, etc.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation for external meetings and complete expense reports
- Prepare agendas and attend meetings (as needed). Take notes, track deadlines and important documents
- Keep organized and readily accessible files
- Provide administrative support for the monthly All Science Meeting, Research Award Risk Management meeting and others, as needed
- Coordinate and provide administrative support for cross departmental meetings in support of the OCSO
- Under the direction of the DCSO, provide administrative support for the research awards management and PFA development and coordination activities to include
- Provide notetaking and meeting summaries from meeting with both general and scientific content;
- Provide backup administrative support to the Sr. Administrative Assistant, OCSO as needed
- Serve as key contact for external communications to include answering phone calls related to Science inquiries and rotating receptionist duties
- Special projects as assigned
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- PCORI Staff Conflict of Interest Statement - No PCORI employee can receive a direct financial benefit from a healthcare related organization during the course of his/her employment with PCORI.
PCORI conducts background checks on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Proven work experience assisting Director level executive as well as dynamic teams in a fast paced environment
- Efficient and organized with a keen attention to details
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Maintains confidentiality, exercises discretion, personal maturity, good judgment and strong work ethic
- Ability to build and cultivate personal relationships; relate to people from diverse backgrounds, sectors and experiences; communicate with diverse audiences; and engage people in person and by phone
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team, and meet deadlines
- Ability to link organizational goals to individual department mission and activities
- Sound judgment, exemplified by consistent professionalism in dealing with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to envision innovative solutions
- High School (or equivalent) graduate required; Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred from an accredited college or university
- Five (5) or more years of relevant work experience is required for Senior Administrative Assistant role
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Advanced MS Word, Intermediate MS Excel, Intermediate MS PowerPoint software skills
Job LocationWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Meet Some of PCORI's Employees
Michael manages PCORI’s Accounts Payable Department. Together with his team of three, Michael ensures everyone, from employees and research partners to utility companies, gets paid on time.
Back to top