Program Associate, Public and Patient Engagement
Department: Public and Patient Engagement
Reports to: Associate Director, Public Engagement
The Program Associate for Public and Patient Engagement will provide management, support and coordination on programmatic activities and drive the achievement of the Engagement Strategic Priorities: develop PCOR community, engage community in the conduct of PCOR, and promote dissemination and implementation of research findings. The Program Associate will conduct ongoing monitoring and research projects for the Engagement Department. The Program Associate will plan and execute ongoing stakeholder engagement activities to ensure that PCORI maintains open communication across the health care sector. The Program Associate will work with both PCORI staff and external PCORI stakeholders and serve as an integral member of the Engagement team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage stakeholder convenings and workshops for the Engagement Department.
- Work with the appropriate Director-level staff to identify participants, provide materials, and work with all relevant stakeholder in coordinating workshops, forums, roundtables and convenings in conjunction with staff across PCORI.
- Plan and execute high-level stakeholder convenings, including payer forums, convenings to support ongoing topic prioritization and topic-specific convenings.
- Plan and execute regional engagement opportunities, coordinating logistics, content development and collaboration with external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Engagement and Science Department staff, and all relevant stakeholders to communicate expectations, logistics, and process management, providing appropriate support for all participants, with special attention to patient participation.
- Work with the Engagement Department's Senior Administrative Assistant and Meetings and Travel Department to coordinate all logistics.
- Develop and implement system of inviting external stakeholders and following up appropriately to ensure high attendance and clear expectations and recording and sending out notes.
- Follow-up with attendees to evaluate convenings and facilitate any further engagement.
- Help track stakeholder priorities and ensure appropriate follow-up with relevant PCORI staff
- Manage targeted community outreach for PCORI Funding Announcements (PFAs)
- Support communication of PFAs through the existing participant and organizational database
- Maintain, research and expand the existing database effectively by synchronizing with data in Salesforce to ensure that all information is up to date and in alignment
- Collaborate with Science staff to ensure that target individuals and organizations are included
- Develop and conduct outreach efforts to relevant stakeholder communities
- Conduct research, including gap analysis, on PCORI's past interactions with stakeholders
- Coordinate and participate in PCORI stakeholder meetings, workshops, virtual workshops and convenings
- Conduct environmental research on stakeholder communities and create and maintain stakeholder organizational profiles.
- Support Speakers Bureau
- Research additional opportunities to have PCORI staff present to external stakeholder audiences and prepare proposals for consideration by PPE directors
- Provide additional assistance and material gathering and development to PCORI staff in preparation for speaking engagements as necessary.
- Provide general Engagement Department support.
- Collaboration with Communications, Science, Contracts, and Evaluation and Analysis program areas as well as with external PCORI stakeholders when necessary.
- Summarize areas of PCORI's research portfolio both in writing and orally to support stakeholder engagement efforts.
- Serve as an integral member of the Engagement team participating in relevant Engagement program funding application reviews, advisory committee meetings, task forces, etc.
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
*PCORI Staff Conflict of Interest Statement - No PCORI employee can receive a direct financial benefit from a healthcare related organization during the course of his/her employment with PCORI.
PCORI conducts background checks on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Experience interfacing with and coordinating the engagement of PCORI's Stakeholders.
- Database development and management expertise.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong coordination and project management skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and project simultaneously, prioritize effectively and ask for manager input appropriately.
- Must be well organized, with great attention to detail, accuracy; able to set priorities and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Judgment, integrity, and ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Extensive experience and advance level skill with PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Office Products.
- Skill in various data platforms such as Salesforce, contracts management systems and social media platforms
- Excellent editing, oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interest in health care research.
Master's degree and 2-4 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 4 years of directly applicable experience to the duties, managing projects and coordinating internal and external activities in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
Job Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top