Program Associate, Public and Patient Engagement (626-858)
Department: Engagement, Public and Patient Engagement
Reports to: Associate Director, Public Engagement
The Program Associate for Public and Patient Engagement will provide management, support and coordination on programmatic activities and drive the achievement of the Engagement Strategic Priorities: develop PCOR community, engage community in the conduct of PCOR, and promote dissemination and implementation of research findings. The Program Associate will conduct ongoing monitoring and evaluation efforts for the Engagement Department. The Program Associate will work with both PCORI staff and external PCORI stakeholders and serve as an integral member of the Engagement team. As a learning organization, a primary aim of this position is to help us understand whether we are reaching our goals through evaluation and support of our engagement efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee the PCORI Speakers Bureau Program:
- Oversee Senior Administrative Assistant's coordination and monitoring of incoming and outgoing requests for PCORI speakers, including timely and efficient follow up.
- Support Senior Administrative Assistant in providing research and analysis on Speakers Bureau reach and effectiveness
- Seek and assess opportunities for PCORI to proactively pursue speaking engagements
- Act as liaison to the Evaluation and Analysis team in constructing slides on PCORI's engagement portfolio for presentations when Engagement staff are slated to speak
- Develop recommendations on future opportunities for programmatic enhancement
Manage stakeholder workshops for the Engagement Department:
- Work with the appropriate Director-level staff to identify participants, provide materials, and work with all relevant stakeholder in coordinating workshops, workgroups and roundtables in conjunction with Science Department staff.
- Collaborate with Engagement and Science Department staff, and all relevant stakeholders to communicate expectations, logistics, and process management, providing appropriate support for all participants, with special attention to patient participation.
- Work with the Engagement Department's Senior Administrative Assistant to coordinate all logistics.
- Develop and implement system of inviting people, and following up appropriately to ensure high attendance and clear expectations, and recording and sending out notes.
Manage targeted community outreach for PCORI Funding Announcements (PFAs)
- Support communication of PFAs through the existing participant and organizational database
- Maintain and further develop the existing database effectively by synchronizing with data in Salesforce to ensure that all information is up to date and in alignment
Develop and conduct outreach efforts to relevant stakeholder communities.
- Conduct research, including gap analysis, on PCORI's past interactions with stakeholders
- Coordinate and participate in PCORI meetings with stakeholders
- Conduct environmental research on stakeholder communities
Offer general Engagement Department support.
- Collaboration with Communications, Science, Contracts, and Evaluation and Analysis program areas as well as with external PCORI stakeholders when necessary.
- Serve as an integral member of the Engagement team participating in relevant Engagement program funding application reviews, advisory committee meetings, task forces, etc.
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- PCORI Staff Conflict of Interest Statement - No PCORI employee can receive a direct financial benefit from a healthcare related organization during the course of his/her employment with PCORI.
PCORI conducts background checks on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Experience interfacing with and coordinating the engagement of PCORI's Stakeholders.
- Database development and management expertise.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong coordination and project management skills.
- Must be well organized, with great attention to detail, accuracy; able to set priorities and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Judgment, integrity, and ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Extensive experience and advance level skill with PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Office Products.
- Skill in various data platforms such as Salesforce, contracts management systems and social media platforms
- Excellent editing, oral and written communications skills.
- Master's degree and 1-2 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 3-4 years of directly applicable experience to the duties, managing projects and coordinating internal and external activities in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
Job LocationWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Meet Some of PCORI's Employees
Michael manages PCORI’s Accounts Payable Department. Together with his team of three, Michael ensures everyone, from employees and research partners to utility companies, gets paid on time.
Back to top