Program Associate, Portfolio Support, Public and Patient Engagement (630-858)
Department: Public and Patient Engagement
Reports to: Engagement Officer
The Program Associate for Public and Patient Engagement will provide management, support and coordination on programmatic activities and drive the achievement of the Engagement Strategic Priorities: develop PCOR community, engage community in the conduct of PCOR, and promote dissemination and implementation of research findings. The Program Associate will conduct ongoing monitoring and evaluation efforts for the Engagement Department. The Program Associate will work with both PCORI staff and external PCORI stakeholders and serve as an integral member of the Engagement team. As a learning organization, a primary aim of this position is to help us understand whether we are reaching our goals through evaluation and support of our engagement efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide targeted portfolio and special project support for PCORI's Engagement Officers.
- Work with PCORI's Engagement Officers to determine and implement portfolio and project-level support as needed. Activities may include reviewing Engagement Plans, Interim Progress Reports, Engagement Reports and other supporting documents
- Seek and assess opportunities for Engagement Officers to support projects through resources, speaking engagements, check-ins, or other interventions
- Maintain project and portfolio updates to keep Engagement Officers informed on the status of low- and mid-priority projects
- Develop reports and presentations on the status of projects and portfolios for Engagement Officers as needed for speaking engagements, and for other Engagement staff as requested
- Act as liaison between Engagement Officers and Science Program Officers as necessary.
- Responsible for Merit Review support in conjunction with the Engagement Officers
- Develop recommendations on future opportunities for programmatic enhancement
- Provide targeted portfolio and special project support for the Public and Patient Engagement (PPE) Program Officers.
- Work with PCORI's PPE Program Officers to determine and implement portfolio and project-level support as needed
- Develop and maintain systems of organization and transparency for contracted projects, from procurement to close out, in concert with the Program Officer for Special Projects
- Support presentation and facilitation materials and preparation for stakeholder engagement initiatives in conjunction with the Program Officer for Stakeholder Engagement
- Coordinate outreach efforts for stakeholder engagement initiatives and work with the Engagement Department's executive scheduler to coordinate logistics as necessary
- Support outreach to the public and patients.
- In collaboration with the Program Associate for Public Engagement, conduct research, including gap analysis, on PCORI's past interactions with stakeholders
- Under the guidance of Program and/or Engagement Officers, coordinate and participate in outreach campaigns to stakeholder groups
- Support efforts to streamline communication from PCORI's Engagement Department staff and contractors to stakeholder group
- Offer general Engagement Department support.
- Oversee the Engagement, Dissemination & Communications (EDC) cross-departmental mentorship program
- Collaboration with Communications, Science, Contracts, and Evaluation and Analysis program areas as well as with external PCORI stakeholders when necessary
- Serve as an integral member of the Engagement team participating in relevant Engagement program funding application reviews, advisory committee meetings, task forces, etc.
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- PCORI Staff Conflict of Interest Statement - No PCORI employee can receive a direct financial benefit from a healthcare related organization during the course of his/her employment with PCORI.
PCORI conducts background checks on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Experience with portfolio support and management.
- Flexibility and capacity to be proactive in an evolving area of work.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong coordination and project management skills.
- Must be well organized, with great attention to detail, accuracy; able to set priorities and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Judgment, integrity, and ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Extensive experience and advance level skill with PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Office Products.
- Skill in various data platforms such as Salesforce, contracts management systems and social media platforms
- Excellent editing, oral and written communications skills.
- Master's degree and 1-3 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 3-4 years of directly applicable experience to the duties, managing projects and coordinating internal and external activities in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
Job LocationWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Meet Some of PCORI's Employees
Michael manages PCORI’s Accounts Payable Department. Together with his team of three, Michael ensures everyone, from employees and research partners to utility companies, gets paid on time.
Back to top