Program Associate, Office of the Chief Engagement and Dissemination Officer
Department: Office of the Chief Engagement and Dissemination Officer
Reports to: Deputy, Chief Engagement and Dissemination Officer
The Program Associate will assist the Office of the Chief Engagement and Dissemination Officer in variety of administrative and programmatic support functions. The Program Associate will be tasked with integrating the efforts of a diverse team of program associates, project managers and directors in helping coordinate activities across PCORI's Engagement, Dissemination and Implementation, and Communications teams, monitoring project timelines and deliverables, and participating in cross-cutting process improvement initiatives. The Program Associate will support the PCORI Board of Governors' Engagement, Dissemination, and Implementation Committee. The Project Associate will handle various tasks with increasing levels of responsibility, solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the Engagement, Dissemination, and Implementation Committee (EDIC) by coordinating all the meeting logistics, (e.g. meeting materials, webinar, meeting room, and follow up notes/materials), and manage participation as well as confirm participation of both the membership and the PCORI staff involved
- Works within the Office of the CEDO to standardize day-to-day activities by analyzing, evaluating for process improvement, and assisting with the implementation of effective organizational changes in the Engagement division
- Assists in the organization and conduct of meetings of the Advisory Panel on Patient Engagement.
- Serves as primary point-of-contact and principal liaison to internal policies and procedures working group, providing assistance and guidance to colleagues within the department on development of standard operating procedures
- Manages the calendar, drafting, coordination, and distribution of internal and external newsletters issued by the department
- Assists in the drafting and management of the department budget, including developing and revising cost projections on active and conceptualized projects
- Helps manage project timelines and deliverables on special projects; assist with keeping a multitude of projects with competing deadlines and priorities on task
- Develops a variety of materials for use in internal and external meetings, presentations, guides, and/or publications
- Provides administrative support as needed, including assistance with scheduling, managing contact lists, handling correspondence, and setting up for internal and external events
- Schedules, coordinates, facilitates and takes minutes for Engagement-related meetings, conference calls and web conferences
- Serves as the principle liaison from the Office of the CEDO for projects and initiatives outside of the division at PCORI
- Updates and maintains files and records of ongoing projects in the Office of the CEDO
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
*PCORI Staff Conflict of Interest Statement - No PCORI employee can receive a direct financial benefit from a healthcare related organization during the course of his/her employment with PCORI.
PCORI conducts background checks on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Basic understanding of and commitment to PCORI's mission, vision and key activities
- Ability to work independently and to quickly adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Excellent communications, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong attention to detail and drive to achieve positive results
- Sense of accountability and good judgement
- Bachelor's (e.g., BA, BS, AB, SB) and minimum of five (5) years of experience in a professional setting, preferably in project or program management in a health care or research organization, or,
- Master's degree (e.g., MA, MS, MPH, MSc, MHA) in relevant field and one (1) to four (4) years of experience in a professional setting, preferably in project or program management in a health care or research organization
Job Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of PCORI's Employees
Michael manages PCORI’s Accounts Payable Department. Together with his team of three, Michael ensures everyone, from employees and research partners to utility companies, gets paid on time.
Back to top