Program Associate, Engagement, Dissemination and Implementation (622-858)
Reports to: Director, Dissemination and Implementation
The Program Associate will contribute to the development and the activities of PCORI's Dissemination and Implementation Program, to support the dissemination and uptake of results from PCORI's funded research. The Program Associate works independently, with guidance, and collaboratively to develop and carry out activities in the following areas: program management, contract management and report analysis, and meeting development and implementation. The Program Associate assists in designing and implementing new initiatives, evaluating funding proposals, monitoring programs and awards, and supporting the work of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- General Program Responsibilities
- Triage and/or respond to questions about the D&I program's goals and activities, from both internal and external sources.
- Coordinate, implement, and participate in virtual and in-person meetings, such as workgroups, task forces, advisory panels, program fit and program update calls with prospective and funded awardees, and webinars.
- Participate in long and short-term program development, planning, and evaluation of team initiatives and programs.
- Gather and synthesize information relevant to PCORI programs and individual projects.
- Gather, synthesize, and analyze literature to provide background information and identify key findings relevant to the program area.
- Collaborate and work with all other PCORI departments, including Engagement, Science, Contracts Management, Finance, and Communications as necessary.
- Portfolio Management
- Coordinate and help lead all phases of funding application review, award, and award management processes.
- Assist with monitoring of contractual work, such as work related to stakeholder meetings or translation of research findings into lay language.
- Identify milestones and monitor progress of funded projects for tracking progress and ensure appropriate documentation and status reporting of projects.
- Produce reports, presentations and related materials regarding PCORI's activities and outcomes with direction from the Program Director.
- Work with staff and consultants to assess results from previous and current awards and contracts, and to actively disseminate results and findings to other staff, awardees and the field as appropriate.
- Lead multi-faceted projects, set direction of projects, and develop project plans which identify key issues, problems, approaches, timelines and resources required.
- Organizational Responsibilities and Contributions
- Attend external meetings and conferences on behalf of PCORI, at the discretion of the Program Director. Senior level may represent PCORI publicly regarding program direction, program funding and award results. Senior level may respond to public inquiries about the application process.
- Work with Program Director to coordinate and/or prepare materials for Board or subcommittee meetings.
- Assist Program Director, Managing Director, and/or Program Officer with administrative and facilitation tasks, as needed and requested.
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- PCORI Staff Conflict of Interest Statement - No PCORI employee can receive a direct financial benefit from a healthcare related organization during the course of his/her employment with PCORI.
PCORI conducts background checks on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think independently, to be flexible and to juggle multiple priorities, work with minimal supervision, and to be tolerant of ambiguity and change;
- Excellent written communication oral presentation skills;
- Excellent analytic skills and ability to synthesize and translate complicated material into clear and simple language. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals and periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
- Understanding of the fields of evidence-based medicine and implementation science (dissemination and implementation of research findings in community and clinical settings) is encouraged;
- Personally motivated to support the PCORI's mission and goals; work independently and in teams to think imaginatively about opportunities; to create and respond to novel and innovative approaches to addressing an issue; to inspire others to work towards achieving team goals;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; collegial, energetic, flexible, responsive, able to develop productive relationships with colleagues, awardees, consultants, external funders, and others who contribute to program development and management;
- Sound judgment and maturity, exemplified by consistent professionalism in dealing with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally;
- Ability to make decisions, justify recommendations, and be responsive and clear with proposal applicants;
- Strong research and electronic communications skills;
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and team environment;
- Ability to travel as required.
- Proficient in the use of technology.
- Ability to link organizational goals to program mission and activities;
- Ability to envision creative solutions
- Master's degree in a related field (e.g., MPH, MPA, MPP; or MBA) or its equivalent with one (1) to four (4) years of related work experience preferred. Applicants with advanced academic or professional credentials, extensive years of relevant health research experience, and/or experience working in a funding organization/agency may be considered for Senior Program Associate roles.
- Experience in health or health care related field is desirable.
- Experience or knowledge working in a funding organization or health services research organization is desirable.
Job LocationWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Meet Some of PCORI's Employees
Michael manages PCORI’s Accounts Payable Department. Together with his team of three, Michael ensures everyone, from employees and research partners to utility companies, gets paid on time.
Back to top