Program Associate, Engagement Awards (629-858)
Department: Engagement, Engagement Awards
Reports to: Director, Engagement Awards
The Program Associate will contribute to the activities of the research support award programs at PCORI including the Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award Program and the Pipeline to Proposal Program. The Program Associate assists in designing and implementing merit review processes, managing programs and awards, and supporting the work of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the administration of the Engagement Award Program's process for reviewing letters of inquiry, evaluating applications, and making awards using SalesForce and other internal tracking tools
- Develops comprehensive knowledge of PCORI reviewer pool and collaborates with PCORI Engagement Team, Science Team, Communications, IT, Finance, and Contracts Management staff to implement the review process
- Monitors and tracks reviewer availability pool, reviewer selection, reviewer assignments, and review completion
- Creates meeting agendas, documents review meetings, and writes memos and other correspondence
- Provides technical and programmatic assistance to applicants and awardees
- Analyzes applicant/application statistics, including returning organizations, stakeholders, disease areas, experience, expertise, etc
- Recommends revisions and improvements to ensure the merit review process remains robust and rigorous in support of our goal to fund projects that will lead to increased patient and stakeholder engagement in the healthcare research process including the dissemination and implementation of PCORI research findings
- Addresses both internal and external inquiries related to the award programs
- Develop and maintain proficient skills in Salesforce as demonstrated by the ability to:
- Monitor and vet incoming applications, assign applications for review, and change the status of applications
- Develop reports
- Send correspondence from SalesForce to internal and external users
- Work with SalesForce Database Administrator or outside consultants to develop additional custom or customized modules or applications for the management and administration of the award programs within SalesForce
- Answer common technical support inquires
- Support various activities central to the awards programs' operations, including, but not limited to:
- Implementation of evaluation frameworks and reporting on program performance and progress toward goals
- Documentation of processes and standard operating procedures
- Creation, refinement and maintenance of print, electronic and web program materials
- Compilation, organization, and sharing of abstracts, reports, and other documents and resources
- Planning and holding meetings with awardees
- Contribute to Engagement Team activities as assigned, including, but not limited to:
- PCORI workshops
- Meetings with patients, stakeholders and the organizations that represent them
- Presentations and webinars
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- PCORI Staff Conflict of Interest Statement - No PCORI employee can receive a direct financial benefit from a healthcare related organization during the course of his/her employment with PCORI.
PCORI conducts background checks on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Technical acumen
- Project management skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Ability to manage up
- Commimttment to providing the best customer service internally and externally
- Strong editing, oral and written communications skills
- Excellent Sharepoint and Salesforce skills, or ability to quickly learn new software and platforms
- Bachelor's degree plus three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience required
- Master's degree in a related field (e.g., MPH, MPA, MPP, or MBA) or its equivalent with one (1) to four (4) years of related work experience preferred
- Previous relationship management, project management, contracts/grants management or research administration experience preferred
Job LocationWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Meet Some of PCORI's Employees
Michael manages PCORI’s Accounts Payable Department. Together with his team of three, Michael ensures everyone, from employees and research partners to utility companies, gets paid on time.
Back to top