Program Assistant, Merit Review
Department: Merit Review
Reports to: Senior Merit Review Officer
The Program Assistant, Merit Review will report to a Senior Merit Review Officer and support Merit Review staff by coordinating projects/tasks, managing the Merit Reviewer Pool, and assisting with Merit Review data collection and dissemination.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides support to the Senior Merit Review Officers and the Merit Review team.
- QA/QCs internal and external documents for formatting and accuracy.
- Creates and updates PowerPoint presentations.
- Provides high quality and timely administrative support to the Merit Review team, including meeting scheduling, conference call management, and coordination.
- Responds promptly, knowledgably, and with a high level of customer service to external inquiries related to Merit Review.
- Support merit reviewer recruitment and provide reviewer assistance.
- Collaborates with Merit Review staff to create reviewer training materials and regularly updates them.
- Inputs information into PCORI's review system (Salesforce) and gathers data for reporting purposes.
- Assists with the preparation of Merit Review data and documents, including written reports, tables, and presentations for dissemination to Senior Leadership, Board workgroups, and committees.
- Works across multiple teams to ensure opportunities for meeting joint goals are recognized and addressed
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
*PCORI Staff Conflict of Interest Statement - No PCORI employee can receive a direct financial benefit from a healthcare related organization during the course of his/her employment with PCORI.
PCORI conducts background checks on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to manage and work on multiple tasks and under tight deadlines, to write and condense information for various audiences, and to prepare PowerPoint graphics, charts and tabular data presentations;
- Proficiency in the use of technology, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and internet literacy, and willingness to learn new computer skills as necessary;
- Flexibility and skill in working as a team member and comfort working in a challenging environment with dynamic priorities;
- Must possess intellectual curiosity and be able to gather, assess and synthesize information from a variety of resources;
- High level of judgment, integrity, and the ability to listen with sensitivity to others and ask clarifying questions;
- Ability to work collegially with staff across the organization, at all levels and an interest in and strong commitment to the PCORI's mission and programs;
- Experience using Salesforce and high proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint a bonus;
- Ability to creatively develop and implement solutions that are efficient and improve Merit Review processes.
- Bachelor's degree with 0-3 years work experience. Applicants with relevant experience working in health research, at a funding organization/agency, conducting research and/or project management preferred.
- Experience in health or health care related field, preferably in the non-profit or government sector is desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience working with and an interest in healthcare research and health policy is preferred.
Job Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top