Data Analyst, Evaluation and Analysis (477-858)
- Please submit a cover letter with your resume. Only applications with cover letters will be considered for this position.
Department: Evaluation and Analysis
Reports to: Associate Director, Evaluation and Analysis
The Data Analyst will contribute to the implementation of PCORI's research agenda, including assisting with carrying out the mission of PCORI's Evaluation & Analysis Program. The Data Analyst works independently with guidance, and collaboratively to develop and implement activities in the following areas: statistical analysis of data collected through PCORI's Evaluation & Analysis program, including analysis of data related to the PCORI Merit Review process, funding portfolio, and awardees, as well as analysis of survey data from a variety of populations (patients, clinicians, general public). The Data Associate assists in designing and implementing new initiatives to support PCORI evaluation activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Program Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain multiple datasets, including appropriate documentation of data collection protocols, code books, data cleaning, and analytic code.
- Design and execute data analytic plans.
- Prepare reports based on analyses conducted, providing detailed explanation of methods used and clear summary of findings.
- Use findings from literature review and discussion with PCORI staff and others to identify promising areas to pursue to advance PCORI's goals for evaluation of PCORI practices.
- Participate in long and short-term program development, planning, and evaluation of PCORI initiatives and programs.
- Collaborate with all other PCORI departments, including Science, Contracts Management, Finance, Engagement, and Communications. Work with Office of Chief Science Officer and Office of Executive Director on evaluation of key strategic initiatives.
- Provide thought leadership for evaluation of the PCORI funding portfolio to assist Science Program staff in active portfolio management.
- Assist with development of PCORI analyses related to awardee performance.
- Produce reports, presentations and related materials regarding PCORI's funding portfolio.
- Assist with identifying and implementing evaluation plans related to PCORI's portfolio.
- Contribute to active dissemination of results and findings from analyses to other staff, awardees and the field as appropriate.
Organizational Responsibilities and Contributions:
- Attend external meetings and conferences on behalf of PCORI, at the discretion of the Program Director.
- Work with senior leadership to coordinate and/or prepare materials for Board or subcommittee meetings.
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- PCORI Staff Conflict of Interest Statement - No PCORI employee can receive a direct financial benefit from a healthcare related organization during the course of his/her employment with PCORI.
PCORI conducts background checks on all applicants.
PCORI is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Strong statistical analysis skills. Knowledge of sampling, data modeling, matching, data mining, and data analytics required. Knowledge of survey research methodology desirable.
- Experience with major statistical analysis software packages (e.g., SAS, Stata, SPSS, MPlus).
- Demonstrated data cleaning, data management, and data presentation skills.
- Strong research methods skills with knowledge of a wide range of quantitative data analytic techniques. Knowledge of qualitative data analysis desirable but not required.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think independently, to be flexible and to attend to multiple priorities;
- Ability to create a data analysis plan and coordinate execution of the plan with programmers and statisticians.
- Ability to create and implement a data quality control plan.
- Excellent written communication and oral presentation skills;
- Ability to synthesize and translate complicated material into clear and simple language;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals and periodicals and technical reports;
- Personally motivated to support PCORI's mission and goals; work independently and in teams to think imaginatively about opportunities to inform programs;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; collegial, energetic, able to develop productive relationships with colleagues, awardees, consultants, external funders, and others who contribute to program development and management;
- Sound judgment and maturity, exemplified by consistent professionalism in dealing with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally;
- Ability to make decisions and justify recommendations;
- Strong research and analysis skills;
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment;
- Ability to link organizational goals to individual department mission and activities;
- Ability to envision innovative solutions;
- Proficient in the use of technology.
- Doctoral degree preferred. Minimum requirements are a Master's degree plus a minimum of 4 years related work experience in health research or a related field such as Biostatistics, Survey Methodology, Clinical Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Economics, Data Analytics, Public Health, or Psychology. Must have demonstrated experience analyzing small and large datasets.
- Experience in health or health care related field, and experience or knowledge working in a funding agency/organization is desirable.
Job LocationWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Meet Some of PCORI's Employees
Michael manages PCORI’s Accounts Payable Department. Together with his team of three, Michael ensures everyone, from employees and research partners to utility companies, gets paid on time.
Back to top