VP Technology CNP
- London, United Kingdom
Role title: VP Technology CNP
Location: Preferred location is London, UK
Reporting to: CIO Payment Processing
Excluding resources that WFH full-time, the current Card Not Present (CNP) Payment Processing technology footprint is splintered across 4 Paysafe locations; Irvine California USA, Montreal Canada, Sofia Bulgaria and Hyderabad India. The business Heads for these technology entities reside primarily in Montreal Canada, and London. Currently these locations function mostly independently of one another in process, skill and domain knowledge.
The purpose of the VP of Payment Processing Card Not Present will be to take ownership of these 4 entities and build a single, multi-location technology organization with common practices in delivery, tooling, and reporting while "breaking down" the siloed business knowledge. Doing so will improve the elasticity of the technology staff to business to business objectives more readily while also reducing operating costs over the next 1 to 2 years.
This technology alignment will also align with the businesses' reorganization of these CNP functions into a single "Integrated Solutions" BU.
Paysafe's Payment Processing business provides payment processing services to businesses, helping them accept digital payments from their customers around the world using as broad a range of payment options as possible
Reporting to the CIO of Payment Processing and accountable to the Chief Executive Officer of the Integrated, Payment Processing Card Not Present (CNP) business, this role will create value for the business through the planning and execution of technology and to build a sustainable competitive advantage in secure, efficient service delivery.
The VP, Technology Payment Processing - CNP will be responsible for providing leadership of the technology function and setting out a robust technology strategy and delivery capability consistent with the company's vision and growth objectives. This role will play a key role in the enterprise wide program to unify technology across Paysafe's operations. Additionally, this role will take up ownership of Paysafe's payment gateway strategy and consolidation effort.
This leader will be the technology face of Paysafe Payment Processing CNP business to industry stakeholders and customers, and he/she will be responsible for building and strengthening alliances and partnerships with appropriate third-party and other service providers.
He/she will be responsible for multiple geographical locations both domestically and internationally and will need to transform the current technology function and location strategy, to a global, best in class, agile technology function that will contribute to the growth of the business.
He/she will also own the delivery, cyber and security agenda for the CNP Payment Processing division from a technology perspective. This includes all aspects of enterprise risk management.
- Assessing business strategy against technology trends.
- Setting and delivering technology strategy.
- Determining product and service delivery roadmaps.
- Identify and execute on campus strategy with focus on consolidation
- Platform / Business Strategy • Develop and deliver a platform strategy for both short-term wins and long-term sustainability
- Drive OpEx efficiencies by defining and moving towards a single consolidated platform in a logical, risk-adverse approach
- Effectively evaluate what functions to build internally vs leveraging a third party
- Ensure operational readiness of platform consolidation
- Define and execute feature enhancements leveraging new, best in class technology tools and processes
- Support the acquisition and retention of key customer accounts acting as an ambassador for the CNP business
- Effectively balance the need for technology investment with strategic business objectives
- Organizational Leadership • Building a technical organization through recruitment, management and development of people
- Working with the CIO build and develop a culture, operating model and environment that creates core competencies which are a competitive advantage for Paysafe in the Card Not Present Space
- Define a people strategy focused on a streamlined, agile delivery organization
- Develop and manage a productive research capability
- Establish collaborative process across the business to drive product and service innovation that adds value to customers' business and improves their experience of Paysafe
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The leadership skills to lead, motivate and manage a strong technical team to high performance standards. He/she will demonstrate powerful communication and persuasion skills and confidence that have created a successful track record of building credible relationships and motivating and guiding organizations to new directions and higher performance. Ability to operate in an environment of matrix management.
Strategic acumen and orientation.
A strategic mind-set and ability to define and develop the technology vision, as well as - most importantly - to execute upon a technology roadmap. The ability to articulate evolving priorities for the Payment Processing business within 3-5-year horizon and incorporates understanding of other relevant industries.
Strong commercial acumen with specific focus on payment gateways and gateway functions while maintaining an understanding of how technology can partner with the business to define product and commercial strategy.
Hands on and operationally driven.
The aptitude and willingness to roll-up their sleeves and have no compunction of being operationally hands-on when required.
High volume, High Risk transaction processing.
Deep technology experience in a high-volume transaction processing space where highly secure infrastructure is critical.
High growth technology environments.
A track record of delivering complex, market-leading software technology solutions at appropriate scale to drive the success of a high transaction volume business; and of managing corporate activity (mergers and acquisitions) to further drive the growth of the business.
Large scale technology migration.
Experience of managing and successfully driving large scale technology migrations.
Digital and data.
Experience of operating in a leading-edge digital capability using big data technologies which will be very relevant for Paysafe Payment Processing future plans.
Back to top