- London, United Kingdom
This role sits in the Group Finance function of the Paysafe Group, a fast-growing dynamic Fintech business.
The Treasury Controller will be responsible for Group Treasury controls and reporting, including over; cash, investments, int. co. funding, external borrowing and FX & IR derivatives, and will support group wide treasury and cash activities in relation to the various Treasury and cash applications.
The role will be closely involved in a number of key Treasury initiatives, including continued implementation and development of Treasury systems, including TMS, from a controls, process and reporting perspective. Working closely with the group Controllership team and divisional business units, and maintaining oversight of compliance with Group Treasury Policies.
The Treasury Controller will report into the Group Treasurer with a strong dotted line into the Paysafe Group Controllership team.
The role requires a clear thinker with a background in treasury, controls and accounting and experience in a relevant back office or controlling role. The role will involve close liaison with internal and external parties including systems vendor, banks and auditors, divisional business units and the wider Group controllership and tax teams. The successful candidate will therefore have the opportunity to work with a variety of business and finance professionals across Paysafe, and will be expected to develop a strong rapport and working relationship with multiple stakeholders across the Group.
- Treasury Processes and System Controls.
- Maintain and develop appropriate controls over Group treasury and cash activities, including development of mature TMS controls environment. Establishing robust audit trail, exception reporting and transaction review framework.
- Development and maintenance of SOX and regulatory compliant treasury and cash processes, operational controls, including appropriate segregation of duties, and reporting within the treasury applications environment.
- Ongoing development of treasury and cash process maps and controls / process documentation (including the FDD) for all activities and treasury applications.
- Manage control and process aspects of disaster recovery for the treasury applications.
- Monitor the treasury application control activities outsourced to SSC in Sofia and other suppliers such as Service Now, review control effectiveness and assistance in development.
- Ownership of the Group's monthly Bal Sheet FX exposure monitoring and controls, including reviewing with BU's and ensuring compliance with Group Treasury policy.
- Oversight and management of the Group's intercompany loan documentation, working with Group tax to ensure compliance with internal policies.
- Treasury Accounting and Reporting
- Ownership of group cash reporting and analysis, including oversight of various Group cash reporting views and group wide cash reconciliation status.
- Maintain integrity of accounting records, reporting and journals and supporting analyses within the treasury applications, including in relation to new instruments and processes
- Completeness and accuracy of monthly journals and reporting provided to divisional financial controllers from the treasury applications
- Close liaison with Group controllership, business unit treasury controllers and EBS support teams in relation to developments in accounting standards and GL set up.
- Development and production of Treasury operational reporting, including controls, transaction, and accounting reporting. Ensuring completeness and accuracy of data.
- Produce papers and prepare MI for monthly Safeguarding and Treasury Committee. Prepare agenda and papers for monthly Group Treasury Committee.
- The principal point of contact between Treasury and internal and external audit.
- Treasury Systems & Data Integrity
- Maintenance and development of static and transactional data standards in TMS, including review and approval of static data changes in treasury applications.
- Ensure appropriate controls in place over integrity of interfaces between the individual treasury applications and to EBS, in relation to treasury transactions and flows including bank statement information.
- Support continued development of automatic feeds of treasury transactions in to the Group's accounting systems.
- Assist Treasury systems team in relationships with treasury and banking system vendors.
- Support implementation of new solutions, and maintenance, integration, and development of existing solutions particularly in relation to data integrity, controls and processes
- Lead functional, controls and process development of treasury systems including integration with other solutions e.g. banking systems, dealing platforms, EBS.
- Ensure appropriate change management governance and controls over accounting and reporting in relation to system enhancements and changes.
Key Attributes and skills
- Qualified accountant with 5+ years Corporate Treasury / financial management experience with exposure to treasury related accounting, controls and processes
- A strong understanding of key treasury and cash controls, accounting, policy, regulatory, cash management and risk management requirements applicable to an organisation such as the Paysafe
- Strong functional knowledge of treasury and cash systems, (eg treasury and banking solutions)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships and work cross-functionally and with external stakeholders at a range of levels.
- Experience of interacting with senior stakeholders
- Leadership - A strong ability to work pro-actively and without direct daily supervision and provide leadership to both peers and indirect reports and to manage upwards.
- History of improving controls and operating in a mature control environment with ability to drive change across processes and teams.
- Flexibility - ability to work in a flexible manner, to meet changing priorities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.
Back to top