Legal Counsel (6-Month FTC)
- London, United Kingdom
(FTC: initial term of 6 months)
Paysafe is currently seeking a Legal Counsel, based in its London office.
What you will do
You will provide legal support to Paysafe's Digital Wallets business unit, with a focus on the prepaid card issuing business. The Digital Wallets Legal team is currently based across London, Dublin and Sofia and forms part of the wider global Paysafe Legal Team. The successful candidate will collaborate with individuals at all levels throughout all parts of the business and across all regions, although primarily in the UK.
This position will report to the VP Legal, Digital Wallets and Payment Processing who is based in London.
Day to day responsibilities
- Provide general and commercial legal and regulatory advice to a dynamic business operating in the UK and Europe
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements with existing and potential card programme managers
- Draft and negotiate cardholder terms and conditions
- Support and advise the business teams on the applicable legal and regulatory framework in the relevant territories
- Advise the business on the legal aspects of new product development and new product delivery channels
- Instruct and manage external legal counsel in numerous international jurisdictions
- Address any other general or ad-hoc commercial legal queries from internal business stakeholders
- Assisting with the know-how, professional development and knowledge management needs of the Legal department
- Assist in the development of standard departmental procedures designed to facilitate each of the identified responsibilities, while maintaining appropriate internal controls and involving all appropriate departments and areas of responsibility
Your skills and qualifications
You will be a UK qualified lawyer with at least 2 years' post-qualification experience, ideally including some experience of working in an in-house environment in the payments industry. You will have proven experience of providing commercially focused legal advice. You will have a good ability to build rapport quickly and establish strong working relationships, and embody our core values: Open, Pioneering, Focused and Courageous!
We are also looking for:
- Experience in the following areas would also be advantageous: prepaid card issuing; financial services regulation; card scheme rules
- A commercial mindset and ability to think creatively to achieve the commercial objectives of the business and to deliver legal advice in the appropriate commercial context and within tight timeframes
- Good presentation and negotiation skills - able to influence and persuade in decision making processes both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently as part of a collegiate team
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear, professional and legally robust correspondence, advice, contractual documentation, policies and other documentation as required, with appropriate form and style
- First class interpersonal skills - able to build and maintain good relationships both internally and externally at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills - able to handle multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate - able to use Microsoft suite of packages - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.
Back to top