- Westlake Village, CA
About Paysafe Group (Paysafe) is a leading global provider of end-to-end payment solutions. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, card issuing, and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over US $80 billion, and approximately 3,000 employees located in 12+ global locations, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 200 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics, and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments.
Paysafe is looking for a QA & Data Privacy Engineer of Payments Data to pioneer us and our systems forward. Your frontier is our 3,000 employees, a pipeline of data projects with over 7,000+ individual data points in 500+ database tables and the workflows and systems using the data.
You will be in the Finance organization in this role, with systems and programs supporting business analytics, customer profitability, financial reporting, expense management but also engaging business functions such as Information Technology, Risk and Operations teams. You will be in a highly visible position, working closely with a wide variety of leaders across the globe from software engineers and database administrators to marketing teams, sales teams, and vice presidents.
This role will require you to bring all your knowledge and skill of data quality systems and processes to solve a plethora of challenges and opportunities improving Paysafe for our employees, customers, and investors.
- Reviews the accuracy of financial data. When it is not accurate, debug why (defect tracking), propose solutions for how to get it accurate.
- Regularly publishes the accuracy of the financial data - gaps between True North and what is in the system.
- Creates detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases. Most of this will be via SQL and analyzing raw data sources.
- Inspects new and existing data for compliance with data privacy regulations (CCPA, GDPR, etc) partnering closely with Data Governance, Data Compliance, Data Privacy teams.
- Reviews requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimates, prioritizes, plans and coordinate testing activities
- Identifies, record, document thoroughly and track data bugs
- Liaises with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to vet system requirements
- Monitors debugging process results
- Investigates the causes of non-conforming financial data and train users to implement solutions
- Tracks quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts. Most of these defects will be gaps in financial numbers.
- Stays up-to-date with new SQL and data testing tools and strategies
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years data quality assurance experience, QA methodologies, tools and processes such as (the following are just examples, experience in each of these areas is not required):
- Systems requirements analysis, requirements documentation, business process modeling/design, user acceptance testing, quality assurance, business data management, logical data modeling, systems integration, test automation, defect tracking
- 2+ years experience in data-related projects such as (the following are just examples, experience in each of these areas is not required):
- Datacenter migrations, projects connecting systems together, for example, getting customer relationship data in and out of Salesforce, projects connecting systems and getting them talking to each other, getting business intelligence systems up and running, data movement via API, data migration from onsite to offsite public cloud, extract/transform/load ("ETL") projects, data lake projects, data mart projects, creating data warehouses, getting new data into operational data stores, data cleansing projects, data cubes, migrating an accounting team off Excel spreadsheets to a new payroll vendor
- 2+ years of writing SQL with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL or similar
- Nice to have (but not required):
- Experience with ETL tools (Talend, Informatica, Pentaho, Alteryx, etc.), data warehouses and data cubes
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments, please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.
Back to top