Director of Merchant Financial Operations
- United States
About Paysafe Group
Paysafe Group (Paysafe) is a leading global provider of end-to-end payment solutions. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, card issuing and online cash solutions.
With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over US $80 billion, and approximately 3,000 employees located in 12+ global locations, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 200 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world.
Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments.
Are you ready to make an impact? Join our team that is inspired by a unified vision and propelled by passion.
The Director of Merchant Financial Operations will be responsible for assisting in the managing of the finance function and providing a framework to ensure that the standards of excellence are achieved and consistently delivered through the reporting and close process. This role will look after Settlement, Billing & Collections for US Acquiring and have high merchant impact. We are seeking a highly knowledgeable leader to focus expertise and leadership in helping to drive improvements while supporting on-going activities within the function. The incumbent will liaise with other finance teams across the group on a regular basis. We are looking for a proactive individual who is quality driven in their approach. This role will have you involved in leading a team through change and process improvement efforts to optimize the accounting function. You will develop and implement accounting systems to collect, analyze, verify and report a myriad of financial information with a strong focus on data integrity.
- Lead and manage operational finance activities in a controlled and continuously improving fashion. Preparing reports and analyzing financial performance data including daily performance reporting
- Ability to escalate issues to line managers for rectification / clarification. Key interface between finance and operational departments
- Support and liaise with senior accounting personnel in the production of effective, timely financial reporting information
- Assist in meeting external and internal reporting deadlines while maintaining the integrity of information
- Responsibility for continually reviewing and improving processes and controls, ensuring appropriate documentation is in place. Participate in projects designed to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Coordinate and liaise with internal and external parties in relation to audit and tax requirements and deliverables etc.
- Manage, coach and develop accounting staff in the proper execution of their respective roles and functions
- Should have confidence in liaising with regulatory representatives, professionals in external organizations and the wider business
- Will act as a strategic business partner for all finance matters
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met
- Bachelor of Accounting degree or a related field of study. Secondary degree or Masters degree preferred. CPA preferred.
- Financial services industry experience required and merchant acquiring experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Financial Accounting Standards including US GAAP
- 8 years Progressive experience with 4 years managing and leading direct reports
- Strong financial reporting experience preferred and/or collaboration with reporting team
- Hands-on, proactive, takes initiative in problem solving and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels and a relationship builder
- Experience of setting up controls over financial processes
- Strong leadership skills, with strengths in supervising and motivating a team including through change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with large ERP and reporting packages, Oracle EBS and Blackline experience is a plus
- Formalization and improvement of processes
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments, please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.
Back to top