Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Third Party Controls Review Analyst will be responsible for risk and controls reviews supporting PayPal’s Third Party Management Program. This central team within the First Line of Defense will be comprised of TPM trained professionals with strong understanding of all risks and control expectations relevant for the execution of the TPM program. The Third Party Controls Review Analyst will balance internal and external critical stakeholders, ensure operational efficiency & support a frictionless customer experience. The successful candidates should also be able to offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, agility to adapt to changing priorities at hand, and be able to effectively work and communicate collaboratively / cross-functionally with multiple teams located in different geographies. Candidate must have a hands-on approach, strong intellectual curiosity and attention to detail and organization, and a passion for achieving practical business impact.
- Review inherent risk assessment (IRA) results that will determine risk tier
- Review on specific scenarios where their expertise is needed in mitigating any identified risk or exceptions to policy submitted control assessment questionnaires and supporting evidence
- Aggregates results and assigns the residual risk score
- Provides recommendations to FA Risk Managers on control gaps and defined legal contractual requirements based on assessment results
- Responsible for maintaining accurate risk record of vendors (holistic view) in the TPM tool based on their assessments
- Develop a working knowledge of all key third party relationships (current and planned), including out- or co-sourced vendors, third parties who originate products and/or services PayPal uses and/or offers, and third-party relationships in which PayPal’s name or brand is associated with or franchised by others.
- Consult with Risk and Compliance Business Partners and the Third Party Oversight Office within the Second Line of Defense
- Identify issues from the assessments, support the functional area in validating remediation efforts
- Develop ways to improve business processes, user experience, and systems involved in the third-party life cycle (due diligence; on-boarding; monitoring; issue management and escalation; renewal, termination and exit) with an emphasis on a risk-based approach that is consistent and repeatable across risk dimensions
- Effectively integrate TPM processes and technology to various internal processes and technology internally to ensure end to end oversight of the third-party lifecycle
- Provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders on Third Party management program and its on-going objectives
- Serve as a point of contact for resolving Third Party issues
- Directly respond to the needs, requests, and concerns of executive and senior management staff participating in third party relationships. Escalate any issues related to risk assessment results or issues in the due diligence process to the appropriate stakeholder.
- Perform a variety of tasks, leads, and directs the work of others and has a wide degree of creativity and latitude as expected.
- Thorough understanding all relevant internal policies and external regulatory requirements applicable to the Third Party Management program
Core Competencies and Experience:
- 3+ years of risk and controls management, third party relationship management experience
- Ability to navigate the gray and multitask and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Embody an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, and a bias towards action
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment which demands quick thinking and strong attention to detail
- Great verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
- Relentless customer focus
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver results in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment while keeping strategic thinking at the forefront of everything you do
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers; unrivaled communication and listening skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Resilience, poise and grace under pressure
- Technically savvy; power user and evangelist for all internal control initiatives
- PayPal culture carrier, a source of energy and inspiration
Our world-class culture is something we’re proud of. We’re committed to creating a thriving and inclusive workplace with great benefits including:
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
- Competitive salary
- Savings plans with company match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous time off policies
- Ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and support to help you realize your full career potential
- Community fundraising and volunteer opportunities
- PayPal’s sabbatical program provides four weeks of paid time off after every five years of service.
- Active social groups
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.