Who we are
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
With your strategic vision, our team will bring to life rich API experiences on the developer portal via technical documentation, technical implementation diagrams, videos, demos, servicing dashboards, and proactive presence on communities such as social media platforms, Github, Stackoverflow.
In this role, you will also be an organic developer evangelist and advocate – and bring the voice of developers to enhance future roadmaps and product strategy.
This job requires no travel.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with Research, Design and Product teams to advocate for seamless developer content experiences via APIs
- Develop and maintain information architecture for API references, including content structures, taxonomies, classification schemes, and metadata frameworks
- Design content formats, layouts and templates to give developers what they need as quickly as possible
- Use data and research to evaluate your API reference impact, and push for continuous improvement that shows real business results
- Use developer feedback to improve developer satisfaction and reduce customer contacts
- Coach team members who are new to API content design principles, building a culture of knowledge sharing
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure the API experience fits seamlessly into the customer's end-to-end experience with PayPal.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong user-centric design thinking approach
- Highly creative communication and critical-thinking skills
- 5+ years in content design, information architecture, interaction design and/or instructional design desired
- Fluency in English
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.