Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As a product manager in PayPal’s Global Data Science horizontal group, you will have an impact on PayPal’s data science community by managing products and solutions that will enable them to deliver better data science based solutions to the different business teams. If you are an experienced product manager, with passion to delight your customers by identifying their needs and building solutions that will make them successful, if you have sharp problem solving skills and excellent collaboration and communication skills, if data excites you and if you like to work in a highly collaborative, values-driven environment – then PayPal’s Global Data Sciences (GDS) is looking for you.
As a technical product manager in Global Data Science horizontal solutions, you will be responsible for:
• Product Ownership - developing a product strategy for the product, defining and managing the product with leadership team and stakeholders.
• Representing the product to stakeholders and to peers across PayPal.
• Driving product vision and strategy and creating capabilities that data science teams can leverage when developing solutions for different PayPal business domains, such as: risk, marketing, sales, customer support, products and more.
• Evangelizing the product roadmap internally and externally in informal and formal settings
• Work in a cross functional team and build strong relationships with key internal and external customers (data engineers, software engineers, product analytics and other business teams) that will make it possible to understand gaps and develop the right solutions.
• Defining and measuring key performance indicators to evaluate and understand product value;
• Identifying new opportunities based on research, industry trends and best practices, and fostering innovation.
• Deliver results
Success In This Role Requires :
• Passion to product manager role with at least 2 years of experience as a product manager
• A ‘can do’ spirit combined with high energies and positive attitude
• Good problem solving skills
• Excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
• Ability to drive people
• Self starter which doesn’t hesitate to proactively approach in order to learn fast
• Skilled at working with cross functional groups and matrix organizations in multiple geographies to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Tech savvy which loves to stay on top of industry trends
• Machine learning and big data analytics experience – a plus
Experience in building data platforms - a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.