Job DescriptionAt PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
As a product manager in PayPal’s Global Data Science (GDS) horizontal group, you will have an impact on PayPal’s data science community by building products and solutions that will enable them to deliver better data science based solutions to the different business teams. If you are an experienced product manager, with passion to delight your customers by identifying their needs and building solutions that will make them successful, if you have sharp problem solving skills and excellent collaboration and communication skills, and if you like to work in a highly collaborative, values-driven environment – then PayPal’s Global Data Sciences (GDS) is looking for you.
- Driving product vision and strategy, and creating capabilities that data science teams can leverage when building solutions for various PayPal business domains, such as: risk, marketing, sales, customer support, products and more.
- Representing the product to stakeholders and to peers across PayPal.
- Evangelizing product roadmap internally and externally in informal and formal settings.
- Working cross-functionally and build strong relationships with key customers (data engineers, software engineers, product analytics and other business teams) that will allow understand gaps and build the right solutions.
- Defining and measuring key performance indicators to evaluate and understand product value.
- Identifying new opportunities based on research, industry trends and best practices, driving innovation.
- Delivering Results.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager.
- Passion to product management.
- An experience as a product manager of machine learning based solutions and/or big data platforms – a plus.
- A ‘can do’ spirit combined with high energies and positive attitude.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Ability to drive people.
- Self Starter which doesn’t hesitate to proactively approach in order to learn fast.
- Skilled at working with cross functional groups and matrix organizations in multiple geographies to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Tech savvy which loves to stay on top of industry trends.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.