Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
About Team: Credit Risk and collection teams will be responsible for entire risk lifecycle of the PP Credit products that we offer to Consumers and Merchants. It starts with assessing the Credit worthiness of the Customer proactively and when they apply for Credit products to final phase of Collections if they go delinquent. About Role: As a Product Manager in Credit Risk and collections team, You will be responsible for building data centric platform solutions for credit risk and collections by working closely with Lead Product Manager, Business, and Engineering and empower them and influence them through the insights. The ideal candidate is expected to • Understand business needs, end to end customer experiences when building platform solutions. • Be cognizant of the Credit business and its strategy to be able to build to scale. • Partner with internal teams on execution of a low complex feature • Ability to work with large amounts of data: facts and figures • Ability to work independently and under the guidance of the lead and manager.
- Define product requirements and lead successful execution of features.
- Engage closely with Lead Product Manager, engineering lead to ensure smooth execution of features.
- Exploring data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation and more.
- Define and proactively monitor key performance metrics to support and inform product decisions.
- Engage in problem solving with Lead Product manager and analytics to determine trends and root causes.
- Troubleshooting any gaps, inconsistencies, and discrepancies in data to make sure we work with accurate information
- Partner with Customer Support teams in solving pain points for our users.
- Understand and create user and customer personas to provide actionable insights to improve conversions and user experience
- Ability to learn fast and be intellectually curios.
- Bachelor’s degree is a must , MBA or MS preferred
- Overall Experience of 0-2 years.
- Minimum 1 years of experience as a product manager with an understanding of Product Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written and verbal
- Highly motivated, goal driven, innovative and able to multi-task
- Working knowledge of SQL and experience using SQL with quantitative data.
- Tech savvy who loves to stay on top of industry trend
- Any programming knowledge will be a bonus
- Understanding of business centric measurement (conversions/retention, funnels, user journeys) will be a big plus
- Understanding or experience in Fintech or lending industry a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.