Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Looking for a meaningful career that lets you define “New Money”? Want to guarantee that tomorrow’s global economy is safer, simpler and more powerful than today’s? PayPal is defining the future of money, payments and commerce in a reimagined and inclusive financial world. On PayPal’s AI and Data platform team, you will work with world-class analysts and engineers to power some of the world’s most sophisticated models that help users get better service, protect users from fraud and create commerce that knows no borders by utilizing huge amounts of data at scale
- Product owner at the AI and Data platform PM team
- Define product vision, scope, capabilities, KPI’s for your area
- Data driven approach to identify new product opportunities and enhancements. identify product gaps, generate new ideas, influence investment decisions to improve product capabilities
- Lead product domain strategy, quarterly roadmap and commitment to the customer
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with customer and partner teams
- Align product roadmap and execution with customer and partner roadmaps
- Responsible for product backlog prioritization
- Owns product commitments and outcomes to the business
- Manage priorities and delivery of the roadmap with globally distributed development teams
- Define and maintain long term product vision
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to development teams
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with ability to state things simply and persuasively for different audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to influence others both inside and outside of the organization, and to lead without authority
- Understanding of modern software development lifecycle
- Understanding of software and cloud service financial mechanics
- Experience in large organizations including managing dependencies across organizations and business units.
- Apply analytical approach to assess product gaps and make data driven decisions
- Author quality product requirement specifications
- Bachelor's degree. Computer Science / Engineering preferred
- Master of Science or MBA is a plus
- Experience in Risk or Financial Services is a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.