Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal’s Technical Account Management team consists of experts creating and sustaining technical relationship with some of the biggest Enterprise merchants of PayPal. This is a client facing technical team working with PayPal’s Engineering, Product, Sales, Operations and Legal organizations. As a Technical Account Manager, you will use your technical leadership combined with your business and cross-functional collaborative skills to drive value for our merchants and PayPal. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-learner who is passionate about creating delightful experiences for our merchants. This position is based out of our Hong Kong office and is part of PayPal’s Global Professional Services organization. Global Professional Services delivers technical solutions, experience design, integration and post live technical services to drive product adoption and quality servicing to our customers.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
In this role, the Technical Account Manager will manage a portfolio of top large merchants in Hong Kong. This role provides many opportunities for creative and challenging problem solving.
Job responsibilities include:
- Act as the primary point-of-contact for all technical activities post launch for managed merchants. Do hands-on troubleshooting and ensure that their day-to-day technical challenges are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Pro-actively monitor managed merchants’ PayPal Integration health at all times with real time monitoring tools.
- Conduct regular technical account reviews, product trainings and workshops, and on-site visits to managed merchants providing insights and analytics.
- Be an expert in PayPal products and their underlying architecture and provide effective technical consultation to managed merchants. Be the voice of merchants at PayPal helping with their feature request prioritization.
- Advocate new PayPal products adoption as well as identify new opportunities where PayPal products and technologies can better fit in merchants’ strategy and architecture.
- Effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Assist merchants in their upgrades and migration by providing consultative services to ensure their long-term success.
- Represent the client as the technical relationship manager, working closely with the business relationship manager. Develop strong working relationships across all levels and functions at PayPal.
- Build and document knowledge about merchant technical setups.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of prior experience as a technical consultant, Sales engineer or Support engineer, preferably in Professional Services. Experience working with Enterprise customers is a great plus.
- Proficient in the following technical areas:
- Strong customer focus with an ability to juggle many tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders from the Business Unit.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills including speaking to technical and business audience.
- Experience in payments domain is preferred. Prior experience working with Enterprise Customers is a great plus.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.