Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Edge Engineering team at PayPal is seeking a Systems Engineer. This is a small team responsible for architecture, deployment, and support of external facing GLB, DNS, CDN and load balancing infrastructure. The team is responsible for level 3 (final level) escalation of site issues. The position requires a candidate with a very broad knowledge of enterprise infrastructure services and applications. This particular position is expected to be the subject matter expert on CDN. Day to day responsibilities will include architecture and development of internet facing content delivery infrastructure, troubleshooting site issues, buildout of infrastructure in new datacenters, scale-up/tech-refresh existing datacenters, security hardening of infrastructure, deployment and configuration of monitoring tools, and project delivery. This is a fast paced very fluid environment, so a qualified applicant needs to be able to multitask, prioritize, and deliver results.
- Ability to stay organized while multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects with shifting requirements, dates, and priorities
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with teams in multiple time zones globally
- fast self-directed learner able to pick up and master new technologies on the fly
- CDN Subject matter expert
- 5+ years experience administering CDN configurations
- In depth understanding of CDN caching, ssl termination, and traffic routing
- DNS Subject matter expert
- 3+ years’ experience administering enterprise BIND instances on large scale
- operational understanding of DNS-sec
- DNS troubleshooting and monitoring experience
- 3+ years load balancer administration experience
- 5+ years Linux system administration experience
- Python scripting experience
- automation tooling
- consuming REST APIs
- experience using configuration management tools such as puppet/ansible/chef/terraform to manage large fleet of servers
- enterprise monitoring experience such as splunk, logcMonitor, icinga, or Nagios
- experience in 24x7 support role with oncall rotation
- Deep understanding with HTTP protocols, SSL, Multiplexing, GSLB, Anycast, CDN and RUM.
- Deep hands-on experience with GTM based solutions
- Deep hands-on experience in deploying solution for cloud and cluster management
- Familiarity with load balancers including F5, A10, Citrix, or AVI Vantage.
- Experience with Public Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure and GCP is required
- A solid understanding of Systems and Networking engineering is required
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.