Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Regulatory Platform Technology team within Compliance Platforms is responsible for implementing global regulatory policies and safeguarding our payments ecosystem. Our platforms scale across millions of interactions, working with petabyte-plus data, integrating with various other APIs in real time and yet providing high availability and configurability to the business. To achieve this, we are always looking at ways to leverage the advances in technology and science to address our business needs. We are looking for strong technologists who are passionate to solve large scale highly complex computer engineering problems, in a repeatable and maintainable way. You will build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a technical fascination for how everything ties together. Our tech stack is Java / Kafka / Spark / Oracle / React / Key Value stores.
- Be responsible for practicing technical design, developing new functionality and maintaining existing components
- Deep dive into PayPal’s world class compliance systems and algorithms and work side by side with product and engineering teams
- Contribute to PayPal’s efforts to fight against regulatory violations globally, using advanced algorithms and technology, while deploying the code you develop into PayPal’s live systems
- Effective team and individual management practices
- Design and implement highly available and scalable back-end software components in Java.
- Develop automated tests and deliver high quality code to production within a short development cycle in the Continuous Integration and delivery environment
- Participate in design, code reviews and documentation, fix bugs, and resolve production issues
- Work effectively with globally distributed teams in multiple time zones
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new product flows and software technologies
- Mentor junior engineers & guide them whenever required
- Able to play scrum master role when needed
- Solid foundational knowledge of computer engineering and intellectual curiosity to understand the business
- Strong OOP skills, ability to analyze requirements. Passion for developing robust, scalable software systems
- At least 8+ years of solid server-side development
- Conduct design and code reviews, fix bugs, and resolve production issues
- Experience collaborating with business users to define the key business requirements and translate them into process/technical solutions
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with relational databases
- Highly motivated, goal driven, can-do attitude to embrace challenges and changes
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, team player, ability to multi-task
- Experience with REST API’s, Web Services, Unit Testing, functional testing
- Experience with Agile development is a plus
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Java, Spark, front end technologies
- Experience with any business rule management system such as Drools or similar
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.