Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We’re looking for a Senior Test Engineer to help design and build In-Store Payment solutions for PayPal. At PayPal, we work together as small, collaborative teams. We’re passionate about code quality and we’re constantly finding new ways to perfect our processes and product. You will be a member of the Engineering team and will be working on products that are directly linked to PayPal’s vision of having a billion active users. We work closely with our design, content, and product teams to build, test, and iterate on new solutions to customers’ problems. We have dedicated teams to support our Continuous Integration, Quality and Release processes. All this results in your code being published at on a weekly basis.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and ability to think creatively while ensuring processes and procedures are properly followed
- Build tools, frameworks, and other infrastructure needed to support automation
- Design, code, and implement automation framework and tests in Java
- Create, maintain, and execute functional, regression, and exploratory tests
- Report defects in a timely fashion and work with the Development team to manage defects until issues are resolved
- Provide test case coverage and defect metrics to substantiate release decisions
- Assist in on-going process improvement efforts related to Quality
- Proactively create test cases for the known defects and integrate them into the automation suite
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision in a team to test, release rollout and support software applications for PayPal
- Work with business units to crystallize business needs into product features
- Work with engineering managers, engineers to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs w.r.t functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementations schedules and adherence to development goals and principles
- Develop new team capabilities to ensure continued competence and relevance in supporting software development needs of PayPal's business
- Follow the team processes like Agile etc.
- BE in Computer Science or Engineering and 5-6+ years related industry experience
- Highly competent with exposure in the following:
- Service and UI automation experience across web and mobile applications
- Java programming in Linux/Unix environment for at least 3 years
- OO-based analysis and design
- Understanding of SOA / Web Services
- Software design and Quality analysis methodologies, including Agile methods
- Source Control (GIT experience is an advantage)
- Testing frameworks such as Junit, TestNG is mandatory
- Using API tools like postman etc.
- Scripting Languages (Shell, Python, Perl) would be a plus
- Jenkins/Hudson, Maven/Ant for release management. Ability to understand ECI/ECD pipelines
- Development background would be an added advantage
- Highly analytical, innovative, and able to think strategically and to develop comprehensive detailed specifications
- Good understanding of QA methodologies and sound knowledge of QA Automation processes and tools
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise communications and documentation
- Highly effective at working in cross-functional groups and getting results in matrix organizations
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different priorities
- Working knowledge in the In-Store Payments industry (Card, NFC, QR) is an added advantage
- Preferred experience with mobile automation (android/ios prg/expresso/swift/XCUItest)
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.