Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Sr. Manager, Product Marketing Segment Strategy within our Branded Experiences Product Marketing team will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies for Consumer and other customer segments. This team is responsible for building, deploying, maintaining, and ultimately driving the adoption of PayPal Branded Experience products and platforms in market globally, while crafting a clear customer narrative and outlining goals for PayPal across the segment at a short and long term range.
The Sr. Manager, Product Marketing Segment Strategy will set the overall segment plan and link the solution launch strategy, identify target audiences, and set direction for launching new PayPal product pillars successfully. S/he will ensure the scalable and rigorous delivery of products to market by partnering with product management, marketing and sales teams for the long-term evolution of PayPal’s branded product portfolios.
The position requires exceptional leadership and influence, a blend of analytical and creative thinking, and deep understanding of customer and commercial value of PayPal experiences with an eye on external forces. Candidate must also have a proven track record of driving change and innovation working in a complex environment and experience in consumer marketing.
The Sr. Manager, Branded Experiences Segment Strategy, will use be expected to drive their own business and milestones with these responsibilities:
- Oversee Customer/Consumer segment strategies
- Develop segmentation strategy with segment growth, indicators, overall narrative and value propositions. Update half yearly plans to prioritize segments, solution, release strategies.
- Maintain BE unified launch roadmap and drive calendar, building cohesive PayPal launch strategy to achieve segment goals and growth narrative across solution
- Present the Segment strategy PM Leadership, Marketing and other stakeholders, including Merchant value framework, any related Sales Enablement needs
- Drive BE solution structure and architecture in partnership with PMMs, Brand, PMs to ensure that narrative, naming and categorization pillars all ladder into solution
- Be a voice to drive clarity and data-based recommendation of prioritization and investment decisions in Marketing, partner with analytics
- Orchestrate GTM planning for major pillar product launches.
- For major new solution launches, The Sr. Manager, Branded Experiences Segment Strategy, will partner with assigned PMM to author winning launch strategy, segment and opportunity sizing, marketing messages and high level channels tied to commercial viability
- Sr. Manager, Branded Experiences Segment Strategy will inform the main value propositions that will be promoted and direct priorities and goals by segment for taking to market via structured briefs
- Craft initial investment and budgeting with Marketing and other relevant partners
- This person will brief Marketing, Sales Enablement, other partner teams to identify strategies that deliver on goals of launch, how they will be budgeted and ensure analytics to track to performance
Segmentation Priority Definition and Narratives
- Develop and update key segments, target audiences, sub-segments for both marketing and product focus based on external and internal context. Refresh audience metrics quarterly
- Find and evaluate opportunity via external research and work with analytics teams to ask new segments to be reviewed or identified.
• Explore and develop value framework for new segments and subsequent approaches, ie CMOs, working across Product, Marketing, Sale Enablement teams to bring in relevant proof points, research needs, asset development
- The Sr. Manager, Branded Experiences Segment Strategy, will work with partners in Marketing, Sales Enablement, Omnichannel and Country PMMs on ensuring rigor on process to lead to scalable launches
- Update and manage briefing documentation to ensure Product of PMM is succinct, meets the jobs to be done, enables partners
- Manage PMM timelines to strategic planning timelines and windows for Marketing to ensure smooth handoffs for definition phases of campaigns
Build foundations on architecture, naming, narrative frameworks, messaging, briefs, processes to aid with GTM function across PMM team
Experience and skills required:
- BA, MBA preferred
- Consumer marketing and/or product marketing experience required, with background in applying analytics/customer data and insights
- Consulting/corporate strategy, Fintech, FI, or Consumer tech product experience preferred
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.